Disneygirlmama Does Disney Take 2

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas @Ms.BarbsWildRide I dunno but I’m always just as tired from riding as my husband is from driving. I partly blame the kids. I mean, DH drives. I deal with every argument and need for the whole trip, all while stuck inside a small space. I think my nerves are just fried by the end of it.

5 Likes

I could ride in the van all day long.
Literally one of my happy places.
ROAD TRIP!!!

2 Likes

DD10 wants to go to TX to see some friends if they come back for Christmas. I’m like…that’s a long trip, lol. Even DH said “oh to be 25 again” or something like that, meaning that road trips were nothin’ 20 years ago but now it’s a lot harder on his body. I concur. :laughing:

4 Likes

Call done. Walmart done. Publix done. Had to go to Publix too because Walmart was out of Mickey bars. For those who come on a budget, a box of 6 Mickey bars at Publix is $8.19. My kids made the decision to get more for their money. They could each have 1 in the park or 4 at our resort. They chose 4. Preparing lunch and then swimming!

16 Likes

Great idea to do treats at “home!” So glad you have this time to relax and get some magic!

2 Likes

I love a road trip. To me it is much more restful than flying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh they’ll get treats in the parks, too. We’ll just make it something we can’t buy at Walmart. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Absolutely! At DLR, there is a Target right down the street with a large selection of Disney merchandise. I used to take the girls there to get souvenirs. Definitely made the $$ stretch farther!

4 Likes

This is SO SO true! We don’t do long road trips by any stretch, but many in the 2-3 hour range and sometimes I just beg to drive for a “break.”

1 Like

18 Likes

Love that puzzle! I have been doing so many puzzles during this COVID time!

4 Likes

We bought it when we were stuck in Istanbul. It made the trek to America with us!

3 Likes

We love puzzles! Though I must admit, I probably wouldn’t make time for one on a WDW vacation! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks like a great time!

4 Likes

Yes. It’s definitely not for everyone, but I enjoy it so much. It’s one of the rare times I can truly feel off-duty.

3 Likes

Awesome photo. :heart:

We usually grab glow sticks and such at the Dollar Tree before we travel (that probably isn’t as much a feature right now without evening entertainment) and stop into Walmart for “Disney“ souvenirs while we are there.

3 Likes

Well, we’re here for 2 weeks and only have 5 park days. We’ll have time. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

10 Likes

IRONMAN mask for the WIN!!!

2 Likes

I love all the pictures, that place is beautiful! Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation.

3 Likes

The resort looks beautiful. Thinking may try outside of bubble next trip, this looks awesome. Thanks for the report!

3 Likes