DisneyBand+ on cruises

I’m hoping this is just a rebranding of “MagicBand+” and will work the same.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I didn’t think MB+ were waterproof. The article talks about swimming with them.

They definitely are

3 Likes

I can’t decide if I would pay for these on a cruise. On one hand it’s nice to not have to carry the lanyard with all the sea passes, but on the other hand you are definitely not reaching for your “wallet”/sea pass as much on a cruise as you are at WDW.

If you could use your current band and not have to make an additional purchase though it would be super fantastic

I despised having to carry that card around.

1 Like

Yes, definitely!

I actually loved my little Skyliner lanyard. I got so many compliments. It didn’t even annoy me that the sea passes didn’t actually fit correctly into it.

1 Like

We came prepared with fun lanyards and all wore them. The only thing is that I did still have to pull it out & not just tap it a few times. I would much prefer a band. My kids all needed one already for the Oceaneer club & I kept missing the feeling of one after having done WDW just before the cruise.

following up on MB+ and water proofness
I stopped by pin traders in DS today and was reading the MB+ boxes for anything related to water resistance and couldn’t find anything so I asked a nearby CM. They said they are not waterproof and would not go swimming with them but they should be ok on a splash from a water ride.

1 Like

Scott Gustin says that MagicBand+ purchased at WDW/DLR will work on the ship. Apparently it is due to global branding constraints (i.e., someone else has claimed MagicBand somewhere in the world).

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1643980446232084480?s=20a

1 Like

I’ll be bringing my new MB+ and my MB from 2020 to test it out when we go in October. I will report back.

1 Like

Have been swimming and in hot tub and in shower with MB+

3 Likes

The tweet says these won’t work but wouldn’t hurt to test it out!

1 Like

But is that a ploy to get us all to buy the new MB+? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

That is a very good point! :rofl:

1 Like

My kids had their Oceaneer bands for the kids club locked onto their wrists the whole cruise and so they had to shower & swim with them. Which they did one if not both daily on the cruise. Theirs were fine.

3 Likes

“You will still need your Key to the World card when visiting ports of call.” - Not really selling it for me!

4 Likes