Disney with my girl! Mother/Daughter Live Trip Report

:heart: that’s exactly why my mon won’t travel- she’s my dad’s caretaker and he’s very ill.
I love seeing moms spending time with their kids like this. I realize many of us here take our kids to WDW, but there’s just something special about these one on one trips with your kids when they are older.

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Yay!! Awesome dinner choice.

2 Likes

They have lobster now?!? We were just there a few weeks ago and it seems like the menu has changed (although we did have the same appetizer and dessert that you did).

3 Likes

It was pasta with a somewhat sweet cream sauce. There were also peas and a pea purée. The black thing was a squid ink crisp but really just decoration as it didn’t have a flavor. It was interesting dish and very good.

4 Likes

I’ve been blessed to take my kids individually over the years and it’s really a special time. My daughter and I are very close but we haven’t had a trip without her boyfriend tagging along too in a number of years so I’m especially grateful for this time with her.

ETA: sorry about your dad :cry:

7 Likes

It looks good (and I had to go find the menu and it has changed a little).

2 Likes

The menu changed Monday. You’ll simply have to come back to check it out :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry you can’t travel with your mom anymore. Sounds like you had some great trips together!

2 Likes

Excellent idea!!

1 Like

We did! Now we just have Michigan (where she lives). :joy:

2 Likes

I love that you’ve done these trips! You are awesome!

3 Likes

You’re sweet. Thank you. I am blessed.

4 Likes

Good morning! We were up early —it was still dark out. I’m very fortunate to have a 20 year old who will get up early.

Given recent reports, I was nervous about getting an Uber but was successful. We are at the Yacht Club for breakfast.

23 Likes

I always have major anxiety over this but we got a boarding group, even if not a great number.

18 Likes

The only real question is whether you’re getting the blueberry bacon pancakes or the dark chocolate waffles?!

6 Likes

@eeeevah, French toast for me. Dark chocolate waffles for Abby. Our nice waiter gave us coffee and tea to go.

27 Likes

They look yummy! And Abby looks so happy!

6 Likes

Nice shirt!

3 Likes

Yay, row 1! No plexiglass!!

20 Likes