Disney Trip 3.0! And report 1.0

I was doing the same!

Thank you for your trip report @potternut2001. It was thoroughly entertaining and a good reminder to me to take it easy with my family when we tour. All I want to do is go, go, go and they need lots of breaks and pool time.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip repot. I’ve really enjoyed reading it all. You have a knack for storytelling for sure!

1 Like

What a great set of reports - really enjoyed them, thanks!

and some of your lines like this one just cracked me up. :smiley:

2 Likes

Loved your trip report and your wrap up! I think those final thoughts can be some of the most helpful things both for the writer, to remember for future trips, and for us reading them. I think you did a fantastic job managing the personalities in your group. I would have certainly struggled to keep my cool when not everyone wanted to follow “my plans”. Going to take example from you and remind myself that it can be a great trip even if everything doesn’t go exactly as I want it to.

2 Likes

Thanks! There were many an afternoon/evening when I was saying to myself “It’s still Disney. It’s still fun” when things were taking a U turn. It’s also making me rethink how to plan next summer’s graduation trip- we’re going to celebrate DD and rope drop is NOT a celebration in her book!

3 Likes

Thanks! What’s funny, is despite the grown up job I have and all that good stuff, this is legitimately how I talk sometimes. Eek! #workingonafilter #butnotreally

3 Likes

Thank you!!

Thank you so much for the wonderful trip report. Truly one of the most entertaining ones I have read!

1 Like

I’m sad…your trip report is done. :cry: Reading has been a bright spot in my day so thank you! I’ve learned so much from your approach to everything and I plan on taking a page from the book of @potternut2001 when we go in September! I think the best thing you shared was it’s good to remember that even adults have meltdowns! You need to go on another trip sooner than planned so I can get my fix again! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Long time no chat!
Glad you finally got back there again!
Good read! :slight_smile:
R.

Thank you! I’m dying to plan a trip sooner than next summer. I was anticipating a Solo trip in February to run the Princess 10K, but some of my gymnasts are going to a meet in the Bahamas in December- ten days before Christmas. Since I’ll likely be going to that meet to coach (darn, the Bahamas in December!) it’ll eat my budget for the 10k trip. Let’s just say I’m trying to figure out if that’s an actual crime against humanity.

1 Like

Great trip report. I adore your writing style. I’m waiting to see your first novel soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe it is the distinction between laughing at and laughing with. I think @ryan1 is perhaps, like me, identifying that we are laughing at BF. How would BF feel reading this parody of his behaviour? I think that I would be a little hurt. I agree that it is entertaining reading though. A bit like mil jokes.

Thanks- I’m not sure about ‘novel’ but perhaps “online articles meant to amuse” :slight_smile:

Yes to this! I was in Epcot that day and thought I was going to melt. The heat index was something like 108 degrees. It was miserably hot!

What a lovely trip report. It was fun to read since our dates overlapped but we chose different parks for our days. I’m so glad you all had a great time. Thank you for sharing!

I thought I was going crazy! I kept thinking “this is the hottest day we’ve had so far” but then the average temp all week was very similar. I swear it was hotter that day! Epcot is brutal in the heat- there’s not a lot of shade to be found. I hope you had a good week!

Definitely not crazy! I was there 7/4-7/8. 7/5 was super steamy in the morning, but the heat on Saturday was almost unbearable! We were resort hopping that day, so we had nowhere to escape long-term while we were waiting for our room to be ready. We ended up riding the monorail around for some blessed AC.

Such a good read, thanks for a wonderful trip report