Disney toiletries

:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I second this question. Does someone have an answer?

:joy::joy: Yes! Was it at a Marriott? Last time I stayed at a courtyard, my face and forehead were tingling from their tea tree shampoo!

Thank you, good to know. I can bring shampoo and conditioner, but love Disney’s H2o line.

1 Like

Thank you, I was searching all over and couldn’t find anything. Last time we stayed at CR they were 2 oz bottles also.

Me too. I’ve been tempted to buy the shampoo in bulk, but it’s very $$$. That’s why I bring all the extras back home with me :wink: I wonder if you can contact housekeeping just to bring extra toiletries without actually servicing the room. I would think they’d do that.

1 Like

Definitely something to keep in mind. Still researching DVC but these are the things that are included in my pros and cons :rofl:

They also sell in bulk at Target online, but like you said, $$$$.

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t know that! I know what you mean re: DVC. When I look at what we spend on Disney lodging, we could probably finance a DVC contract. But every time I convince myself it’s a good idea, I chicken out.

1 Like

I get what you mean. 50 years is a long time and I’m old. Plus, my DH would never go for it. He’s barely on board for this trip. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes, the duration of the contract is what gets me. I know it can be exchanged for other things outside of Disney, but it seems you lose a lot of value if you do that. Hope your DH enjoys the trip so you can keep convincing him to go back!:wink:

1 Like

Just replying to myself to retract my statement on Target selling H2o products online in bulk. I don’t know why I thought I saw that. It could be true, but I couldn’t find it again.

@Janey_1a - the Sea Salt scent is my preferred over the Sea Marine scent.

We used to own a ski condo at Big Sky, and traded it for DVC through Interval International. That’s how we got into WDW in the first place. We went EVERYWHERE on those points- Hawaii half a dozen times, at least. WDW. We even took our extended family with us to Kona. We had points coming out of our Mickey ears.

So there is a benefit to owning the nicest house on the block, to to speak. Being a DVC owner, your points are so valuable, they lead to a literal world of opportunity. Anything you book, you get. Landing a great rental is not just about amassing the number of points, no matter what these other timeshare places tell prospective owners.

In addition, your weeks at DVC can parley into a couple of weeks at a less fancy place.

I can’t tell you how much fun we had when the kids were little. Sometimes we medical types concentrate on the job too much- this forced us to get out and go, and I’m grateful it did. :grinning:

1 Like

They are gradually replacing all shampoo, conditioner and body wash mini bottles with large refillable bottles in the shower. I think they are doing it as rooms are being renovated.

Only mini bottles left are mouth wash, hand lotion and aloe gel.

2 Likes

We have access to Interval through Marriott vacation club and it is awesome. We can get most places fairly easily by trading our Marriott property.

The thing that gets me about DVC is that ownership reverts to Disney at the end of the contract? I would love to own DVC at our current place in our lives but it’s so expensive now. Maybe if we had gotten in 5-10 years ago…

1 Like

Yes, that put us off about it, too. On the other hand, it limits your responsibility, too. You can’t just walk away from a bad timeshare, it has to be sold. Not that that’s ever going to happen to Disney! Theirs will always be in demand if you don’t want it anymore. We owned ours lock, stock and barrel- which is kind of an expensive solution to the ownership dilemma, though. :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you SO much!

I agree! Though I used to love scents and as I’ve gotten older I’ve become highly sensitive to certain scents. Cleaning and perfume scents bother me the most, I can actually taste the scent, it lasts for hours and is t pleasant at all. I’m totally fine in the parks (thank goodness) but in enclosed spaces like a plane or hotel room it can be particularly bothersome. So annoying for sure, I really miss being able to use pretty perfumes and lotions. :confused:

During our October stay at POFQ, there were no small bottles or tubes of anything, just the large ones in the shower of body wash, shampoo, and conitioner. I really wanted the aloe gel, so I looked in the gift shop. It was, I think, $19.99 for a small tube.