Disney Springs Hotels and budgeting

I have an upcoming trip booked for the end of April. This was booked early October 2017 - at CBR. When I spoke to cast members on the phone, I asked how much construction, and if the restaurants would be open by the time we go. I was told the projects generally last 1 year, and it should be wrapping up by that time. Of course this isn’t the case, Disney destinations sent an email about the “disruptions” to the resort during our stay - and I have decided not to stay there for this trip. When I went to change rooms the next closest to by budget was POR - but was an additional 600 for the 7 nights. (can’t use the discount we had in Oct 2017) That is a big change for us - so I have now started to look into the Disney Springs Hotels. We are a family of 5, pretty sure I can do without the dining plan this trip, and I could manage paying for transportation to and from the airport. Most of the hotels there offer shuttles to Disney, but I am worried that in an effort to save some money that I will lose a lot of time in traveling to and from the hotel. Can anyone give a recent experience using the “off property” hotels? When I compare pricing, I am saving about $1,000 over POR or about $400 over the original CBR reservation. And as a quick note, I did email guest services about the issue - currently waiting for a response. Thanks!

Are you looking to book them through wdw travel to get 60 day fast passes and EMHs?

No to the EMH, but 60 day FP would be nice

I have stayed at the Best Western near Disney Springs. Don’t stay there BTW.

My experience was the shuttles were terrible. The shuttles drop off at the transportation Center. Waiting for the ferry boat was less than ideal for us. The shuttles are also shared among all the other Disney Spring hotels.

$400 and $1000 is not a small amount of $$.

I will say, they were rehabbing POP during one of our stays and I NEVER, not even once, saw a disturbance. Is it possible you could also experience the same? I also got the same email about disruptions and was worried for nothing.

Then make sure you book through wdw travel: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/more/#/disney-springs-area/

1 Like

I have stayed at the Wyndham Lake buena hotel next to Disney springs up in the tower with disney view but by now all the better rooms are taken if you didn’t reserve right away. The buses are not bad, they come every 30 min instead of 20 min. It’s also nice that now they offer the 60 day FP in advance reservation for those hotels in the Disney springs area. So yes, bigger rooms for the same price compared to Disney moderate value resorts.

Disney worked a bit of magic, and was able to place the original discounts on the POR rooms. We are paying slightly more than CBR - but it is much better than the 600 additional. Quite pleased! The Cast member who called did say the construction has become a huge project and she understood why we would want to change resorts.

3 Likes