Disney Songs You Love BUT Only When Sang By Certain Artist

For me it’s “Colors of the Wind” by Vanessa Williams. The only version I love. Sang by anyone else and it’s … meh. I’m like that with music, though.
“Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” is my favorite Christmas song, BUT only the Peggy Lee version.:nerd_face:

5 Likes

I love How Far I’ll Go by Auli’i Cravalho but don’t like the version by Alessia Cara.

5 Likes

I LOVE the Weasus version of Lost In The Woods (but I also love the Jonathan Groff version as well, so :woman_shrugging:t4:).

4 Likes

Um… all of them? :rofl:

5 Likes

Same!

1 Like

This is an interesting question! I’m not sure I’ve ever really thought about this but I’m sure it’s true.

The first thing I thought of was this version of Rainbow Connection by Tori Kelly, which I was so blown away by I have wanted to download it, but unfortunately it was exclusively for this program. I like this song in all its versions, but this performance was the best.

4 Likes

I love Tori Kelly! She is so underrated.

3 Likes

Into the Unknown by Panic! At The Disco.

I have to switch to it every time I anyone else do it.

3 Likes

I love their version as well!

1 Like

This probably doesn’t really fit the theme, but Sinead O’Connor did a version of ‘Someday My Prince Will Come’ that just hits differently - I will always stop and listen a minute when it comes on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO0gFt44YY

3 Likes

I will completely agree with this statement - but it probably has a different meaning from me than from you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ I totally agree with you. Apparently I was not the only person in the universe looking for this version of Rainbow Connection by Tori Kelly. You have good taste!

2 Likes

Anyone else enjoy Lana Del Rey’s version of Once Upon A Dream more than any other version?

Nope I don’t like it. She has a nice voice but both her and this Kermit (not Jim) are just singing it. It lacks the emotion of the original.

1 Like

Oof couldn’t disagree more. In fact I’d rather have a version of her just singing it. P.S. I have nothing against the original version, as I said before. I just like this one a lot.

1 Like

Nope we are fighting again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not sure if you watch Stranger Things but a game we play is “what is your Vecna song?” One of mine is Rainbow Connection. I have a vivid core memory of hearing it in a theater with my favorite uncle who took me to see all the Muppet movies. It was our thing :heart:

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

But doesn’t explain why you have to hate all the things I love. 🥹

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Hate is a strong word. I just don’t love them all as much as you do :wink:

4 Likes

Ok that’s fair. :relaxed:

3 Likes

DD-then-14 and I went to Toronto to see TK in 2019. I’m struggling for words to do justice to her talent. She’s indescribable.

6 Likes