Disney related, but not DW - How many of you are considering Disney's streaming platform Disney+?

Just curious. I’m not sure what all will be on it, but the price seems like it can’t hurt to try. It’s only about $7 a month.

3 Likes

We can’t wait for it and will definitely subscribe.

3 Likes

Really don’t want to add another streaming service but the Marvel content alone might be too good to miss.

3 Likes

I don’t know - are they going to carry over the shows from Netflix like Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Luke Cage?

Not sure about the Netflix stuff(probably doubtful) but I’ve heard there will be a Winter Soldier/Falcon series, a Loki series (picking up from events of Endgame) and a Scarlet Witch series. Those all sound good to me!

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ll get it.

1 Like

I’ll just borrow your password! Thanks in advance! :crazy_face::money_mouth_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I will 100% be getting it, primarily for the Star Wars content (two series: The Mandalorian and Cassian Andor) plus the library of Disney films, Marvel movies, and lots of other cool content. Relevant links:

1 Like

Pretty much all of the content I’ve heard about (Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Animation, and the show “The World According to Jeff Goldblum”) sound great. $7 a month seems pretty reasonable, but I’m confident the price will go up as soon as people get used to the service. I mean, what Disney price has not gone up multiple times in the last year alone?

3 Likes

Anxiously awaiting it. My husband was just asking me when it was launching the other day. Inevitably my kids want to watch something not on Netflix and I end up buying it from Amazon.

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll re-evaluate having Netflix after we have had the Disney service for a while. If we’re not still watching it, we’ll cut it.

3 Likes

After listening to some Jim Hill podcast episodes, he states that the contract issue surrounding Netflix and Disney may not allow some of the existing Netflix content to move over (for the time being at least).

1 Like

I’ve heard that. I’ve also heard that some series will end up going back to Netflix. Not sure if that’s Disney property or not, it could be a show like Friends or something. I think it was the Marvel series though.

I love Netflix. It has so many great shows. When someone asks me if I’m dropping Netflix for Disney+, I always ask “Why can’t I do both?”

1 Like

We have no plans to subscribe to Disney+. It just means we will no longer stream Disney movies. We can either check them out from the library, rent from RedBox, or buy them (if we would have bought them anyhow).

We spend way too much already on various entertainment services between Netflix, Amazon Prime, ATT UVerse, Spotify, etc. I’m looking for ways to reduce expenses, not add more.

Netflix is becoming less worthwhile for us, though. If it weren’t for Stranger Things, we probably would have cancelled it already. We are finding more of what we want to watch on Amazon Prime anyhow.

1 Like

Yes. I think the low price is simply to get people’s foot in the door. It will definitely go up in a year or two after launch to be more in line with other services, I think.

3 Likes

You are most certainly welcome to do both. There is plenty of good programming on Netflix, but given that my time is mostly taken up by working, keeping our house running and taking care of kids, the only thing I get to watch on TV without kids is about 30 minutes before going to sleep at night and that’s not anything on Netflix. So if it turns out that my kids are watching all or mostly Disney and not Netflix, I’m not going to keep paying for Netflix. My DH watches sports when he gets the time, so that doesn’t push us to keep Netflix either.

1 Like

I am absolutely all over this! I can’t wait! Probably I’ll kill Netflix in exchange and save myself money.

My wife has the same comment. The only shows on Netflix she watches are the ones we watch together. That is limited to about 4 or 5 shows in the last 4 years or so. On the other hand, I have watched more shows than I can possibly count.

1 Like

There’s no doubt it will go up. Iger has said as much. My question is about the amount of content and how much I will actually watch. I love Disney. Some of my favorite movies are from Disney. Think Miracle, Remember the Titans, etc. I love those. I’m just not sure how much of it I will watch though.