Disney Refugee Gets Scared for the 1st Time

I did my spells and helped a bunch of others with theirs. I see a small crowd forming around the Death Eaters stage. They are pumping in fog now and have told everyone to come back when it’s dark

7 Likes

EDIT - There appears to be one stage, but a few smaller “spooky” fog areas. I don’t know yet if they are stationed around Hogsmeade or just at the stage by Three Broomsticks

I’ve got at least an hour until the Dark Arts show and I have done every spell multiple times. I don’t want to be in a queue when the Death Eaters and Show start. So… I guess I better go into Hogs Head for a Fire Whiskey!

9 Likes

Last year they were moving all over the area - and interacting a TON with everyone. It was awesome. Have fun!!!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what happened tonight. They came out did a bit of fanfare and then moved about.

They don’t pose for too many pics. They will pause, but you need to be ready!

I missed the first Dark Arts show while focusing on the Death Eaters. I am in the queue for the second show.

I am glad I grabbed that double fire whiskey…makes the wait easier.

However, I spoke with the bartender because she poured the “double” shot into a glass and it was the smallest amount. It wasn’t even “one finger”. She says it’s all they are allowed and she knows it really isn’t really isn’t a full ounce.

I must sound like a booze hound!

I rarely drink at home, so I am fussy about paying so much for so little

12 Likes

They ran the Dark Arts show 4 times! I saw show 2 and then did the fast lap around Jurassic to get on Hagrid’s at closing.

I waited about 90 minutes and was, literally, the last train to leave. (I hopped on Single Rider, but it took longer than standby.)

Going to CityWalk and then HHN.

It’s fun, but odd being one of the only people still in IOA

12 Likes

I decided to go to “Catch A Rising Star”. It’s a place that I have been curious about.

It is a party! Wow! The drinks are very good and the atmosphere is 100 drunks singing together.

I love it!

EDIT - This is the best “adult” time I’ve had at Universal! Highly recommended!

12 Likes

For those that have followed before you know that I am good at making friends. I made a few at Hagrid’s and now these ladies invited me to their table at Rising Star!

16 Likes

I admit am pretty buzzed from Rising Star…I am walking over to HHN…hoping to get Mummy

5 Likes

Mummy is closed…the only rides open are RRR and MIB

Sounds like an awesome night!

I closed the parks down and stumbled back to CBBR by 3am…WHEW!

I had all of Diagon Alley to myself! It was great! I know it’s not practical, but doing spells and wandering WWOHP at midnight was the best way to do it… :magic_wand:

I didn’t set an alarm, but my bladder got me up before 7am. I didn’t really get out of bed until 8:30am and I was definitely moving slowly today!

Nothing in my “plans” until after Noon. I’m putting myself together and making my way back to the parks!

I am grateful to not be changing hotels today!

14 Likes

Well…I had another “4 drink” night and hate myself today. After trying four times to get up to get ready and failing I gave up. I slept until 1pm and am just now sitting at the bus stop to go back in.

It was a great night though! I spoke with the bartender and mentioned my weak drinks earlier. He took it as a challenge…ouch

I didn’t make a plan that started until after lunch so I’m not “behind”, just not doing even more than planned

14 Likes

I was impressed when you said you were getting up earlier after that late night! This sounds more like it to me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Now that I can keep water down I feel much better. Being in USF is a mental boost too!

I am in the Single Rider queue for Mummy with a 40 posted wait

While I am waiting here are my thoughts on WWOHP Dark Arts in Hogsmeade…

The Death Eaters are cool, but there was only 2 of them. 2 more would have been better. They get mobbed. It felt like “Disneyland” roaming characters than a character meet & greet

Maybe it was because it was the second night people were waiting where they come out almost 2 hours in advance! Not worth waiting that long! They walk everywhere trying to get jump scares

The Dark Arts Castle Projection Show is IMHO much better than the traditional show! However, I still recommend seeing both. The traditional show is short, but gives all the emotional moments you want.

I think I’m going to hang out in USF to get a better understanding of how Stay & Scream works. I have a dinner reservation for Confisco Grill that I still feel like trying…we’ll see…

Here’s Diagon Alley last night! I even snuck on the stage and twirled about in my robe!

10 Likes

Single Rider saved 10 minutes. WOW! All the effects worked along with a few I’d never seen before!

7 Likes

Mummy made me queasy… I don’t know if I need food or not… gonna get a Shepard’s Pie baked potato to see if that helps…maybe settle my stomach

Not up for long walks right now, so waiting in Kid’s Zone checking out the attractions and then ET. Not ready to get on a big ride after food

The DreamWorks Destination is both a show and a meet and greet

5 Likes

Greasy food is often my hangover cure, along with serious hydration. I doubt there’s pedialyte anywhere in the parks, but have you tried Gatorade/Powerade to see if you can tolerate it? Hope you feel better soon!

Also adding the shepherd’s pie potato to my list cause it looks delicious

2 Likes

I’m much better…just need to avoid big rides for a bit. I brought my workout water bottle from home and drinking on it.

Decided to do more Character Meets as there are a lot of them out in Kid’s Zone

13 Likes

I decided to call it and go back to the hotel for a few hours. I am sweating out as much water as I take in!

I hate to miss the start of HHN tonight, but I wasn’t doing houses anyway.

I think coming back after dark and a rest break will help my head stomach handle night rides

4 Likes

Either Shrek is really tall or you are really short :rofl:

6 Likes