Disney Refugee Gets Scared for the 1st Time

Slept ok, but still a bit excited. Got to the airport about 90 minutes early to find it empty! I thought it would be crazy busy being a Saturday! I was fully checked in and sitting at my gate within 10 minutes…

I got a direct flight as well! I should be at Cabana Bay around 1pm (eastern)

Since this trip is nearly 10 days I had to pack almost twice as much. I, last minute, decided to bring my wizarding robe. This meant I had to leave my pillow at home. I may regret it later! I barely made the weight limit at 48.5 lbs.!

I have a plan, but the weather may be a factor today. (It’s rainy season, so I packed and planned for it. However, I’d still prefer if it didn’t! )

I’m planning on going all night if I can. I want to go to IOA after arrival, get dressed up and do a WWOHP day and night. I think seeing the Death Eaters and Dark Arts show while in my robe will be fun! (Plus, I have my own Dark Mark ready!)

At some point, after 10pm, I want to go over to USF and do nighttime Diagon Alley stuff and catch the HHN shows.

I think it might rain tonight though. I’ve got 4 nights before DD20 arrives and will hopefully get to do this plan one night sometime.

When I started coming to UOR this year a big part of it was trying to do as much as I could while staying on a budget. I haven’t talked about it much, but I have been able to spend on average about $70 per day. (Just a guess) Now, I do have some days where I spend $30 total and other times I eat a Table Service meal in CityWalk for $60 or that meal + everything else that day.

I, typically, spend about $800 - $900 on a 6 day trip. (All inclusive including ride shares, airport parking & etc…)

Also, when I first did a UOR trip report it was about being honest about the resort and dining. It’s so hard to find a full time vlogger or podcast that is critical. (I get it. You can’t say ‘this sucks and don’t try it’ too often and expect to be on the media list)

If anyone wants me to do honest research on a hotel, food or attraction please ask! I find that stuff fun.

My trip reports should be “live” through lunch time Wednesday. Then DD20 arrives and I focus more on her!

(I have 7 HHN nights, 2 Volcano Bay visits and a whole lot of park time and CityWalk planned over this next week!)

Still have about an hour until boarding! :weary:

19 Likes

Have an amazing time! Can’t wait to follow along!

2 Likes

Everything about the flight went well and I am checked in at Cabana Bay.

The Universal Monsters photo area opens in about 10 minutes, so I am going there first before the parks. There are a few people already here

Here are my first impressions of Cabana Bay…

Very nicely themed, but just OK… The resort is very spread out and the room “feels” smaller than Dockside.

This is the only USB charger outlet in the room. Compared to Dockside that has at least 6…

The hotel colors have faded a good bit on the exterior and the vibe definitely feels cool, but is showing wear

Don’t get me wrong…it’s nice. It has A LOT that families and kids will love

14 Likes

The Universal Monsters photo shoot was fun! I won’t post too much to avoid spoilers

Decided to try one of the special HHN drinks at the hotel bar… The Nightmare on Bourbon Street

FYI - The drink was just “ok”, so I chugged it. Not much alcohol, but some

9 Likes

It’s almost 3pm…the afternoon rain looks to be heading this way…

I am only popping into the parks for a bit…gonna go back and put on my robe when the rain hits. Maybe gonna see if I can get on Mummy, but I know I can ride it later… just excited to FINALLY ride it again!

13 Likes

We finally rode it today… they had single rider open!

6 Likes

Decided to stick to my plan and go to IOA…

I promised not to do houses until DD20 arrives on Wednesday, so the rides will be my evening.

Been on Storm Force and Doom (twice)

I did JPRA single rider queue with a 5 minute actual wait…posted 65 minutes!

8 Likes

How cool to meet King Julien at CB!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

As soon as my boat left the dock the rains came! :rofl::joy:

We all definitely got wet on that ride!

Walked the rest of the park loop looking for food or rides with low waits, but no luck.

Sticking with my original plan of eating at Red Oven Pizza. It’s very busy, but I’ve been curious about it this year. Is it usually busy because it’s good or because it’s “pizza”??

I put my mobile order in 20 minutes ago…:crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Either way you’re winning :+1:t2::laughing:

5 Likes

ENOUGH with the new King stuff.

Oh. Different one.

As you were.

12 Likes

Took about 35 minutes to get the mobile order. It’s pretty good and only $15! I’d recommend and will return

9 Likes

They do have a similar kind of smile though :rofl:

1 Like

That does look good :yum:

1 Like

Definitely shareable! I’ve eaten half and that’s about all I can do without being “stuffed”… :nauseated_face:

I will definitely add to my list of “good quality & affordable” theme park food!

6 Likes

Can you find out what the deal is with the Hogwarts Express? It was down for planned maintenance when we were there in June, and I understand it’s been down for a week now with something unplanned.

2 Likes

It’s an unscheduled repair. They don’t have a time frame of when it’s going to be back. They hope soon, but the TMs out from don’t really have actual information

5 Likes

Put on dry clothes and now I am hoping to see some of my “brethren” out doing Dark Arts and do some spells

19 Likes

Excited to see pics of the death eaters!

3 Likes

Ravenclaws should know better than to become Death Eaters!! :rofl::rofl::blue_heart::blue_heart:

5 Likes