Disney Refugee Brings a Buddy

6 Likes

My family will be there that night too!

2 Likes

On the other hand, my skyline room on 9/17 is $224 ($254 with tax) for one night. They really get you with non-discounted prices at busy times.

1 Like

9 Likes

may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor-may-the-odds-hunger-games

3 Likes

I’d pay the extra. I’m really into views.

2 Likes

I think it helps that it’s a one night stay that checks in on a Sunday, when most people are departing. Then I check-out on a Monday, when most people are arriving…

I looked at extending the days to see if my entire trip could be cheaper and there’s no long term availability.

2 Likes

DID YOU BOOK THE SKYLINE VIEW

People need to know.

3 Likes

Ok… I absolutely have to have a robot do this!!

4 Likes

OMG!!!
That’s amazing!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I so wanted them to zoom in at the end and for the screen to say ‘Are you following me?’ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No… My plan is to ask for an upgrade when I get there! I’ve gotten it at Dockside twice this year, just by arriving early (before they are assigned) and being super polite!

7 Likes

See my posts for info, just don’t want anything missed. The replys were coming in at 50mph :laughing:

3 Likes

Hmm. Not sure I’m happy about this.

I’m currently booked to stay there in April. What upgrades are there to ask for?

1 Like

I’ve gotten a Pool View upgrade and even moved into 2 Bedroom Suite when solo.

2 Likes

Do I want those things?

2 Likes

You like views! A standard room at Dockside typically look out over a parking lot / I-Drive

The 2 bedroom is nice if you need a bit of privacy. You get a double bed in an enclosed room. Plus, you get a sink and a microwave. (All rooms have mini-fridges)

1 Like

How about her Christmas gift to you? :rofl:

3 Likes

And you recommend Dockside? You’d stay there again?

It’s the only place I’ve stayed this entire year. Very nice! Just built in 2020 and very modern. Buses come about every 5 minutes to the parks. Room rates around $90 - $114… highly recommend!

I stayed here for $90 a night! (Just because I asked, “What upgrade options were available?” It gives them a chance to look and offer it. In the worst case they give you a price & then you can decline)

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I booked based on price. My only reservation was lack of a walking path to the parks, which is especially nice at night when other options are very busy.

2 Likes