Disney Podcasts

I’m so glad you are enjoying The Great Movie Snide! Brian and I are still finding our footing, so it means so much to hear your comment. Episode #4 will be out in about a week or so. Our movie is the late-90s, James Van Der Beek masterpiece Varsity Blues. I hope you like it!!!

-Turkey Leg Jeff

3 Likes

I have got 48 shows in my Stitcher feed. And I just took a few out the other day that I don’t really care for anymore. Lots of great shows out there. Find what type you like best and go with it. Pretty soon we will get going again with the Dizzies. Our Disney Podcast Awards. Trying to give some credit to the great shows out there that don’t get the chance to go into the big podcast awards.

2 Likes

[quote=“NeedaTurkeyLeg, post:57, topic:3114”]
I think I’m bailing a boat with a leaky bucket[/quote]
That’s a good analogy. I think I’ll take the Three Stooges approach and drill another hole in the boat. That usually makes things better.

2 Likes

Drilling another hole equalizes the pressure, right? That’s my theory, anyway!

1 Like

Turkey Leg Jeff (anyone with Turkey Leg in their name…instant comrade!),

I actually went into the Karate Kid 2 episode prepared to not like the podcast. The first two Karate Kid movies are those movies that I’ll sit and watch if I stumble across them. I’ve been using summer breaks to educate my son on the classic films of the 20th Century and have hooked him on the Back to the Future series, Vacation and several others. I think Ralph Macchio, Elizabeth Shue and Tamyln Tomita are all in his future.

Anyway, I found myself nodding along with you and Brian during the podcast. I’ve always known that the movie doesn’t fall into the category of great art but your admiration (?) of the movie came through despite the obvious flaws.

Looking forward to #4.

You people are all evil! I now have to spend the weekend downloading new podcasts ( thanks @TheGraceysButler, that is the feed I have been looking for!). I too have an hour long commute. I have not listened to a radio in about two years and I just traded in my car because my iPod would not play in my old car ( Bluetooth is my friend).

I may have a little obsession…

1 Like

Always great when people find new shows to listen to. It’s also nice that there is a wide variety of shows that are less “competing” with each other, and instead just giving listeners more options to choose from. I saw the new Nerd Alert pop up in my WDWNT feed and have been looking forward to checking it out all week.

1 Like

I listen to podcasts all day at work in addition to the 1.5 hour round-trip to work and also at the gym. I have other podcasts besides the Disney ones. My son got me started on the podcasts.

One thing I finally remembered to do in the last two weeks was actually go to

and download some of the exclusive Jim Hill/Len Testa podcasts they have . I am a HUGE fan of the regular Disney Dish podcast and getting this bonus content was a blast. This week’s extra episode on Expedition Everest was wonderful and a perfect tie-in to the regular show on Jambo House and Sanaa.

Also trying to fix PTPD schedule. One of the biggest problems of the show was getting it together near the end of the week when I would invariably realize that I needed to work on SATURDAY SIX. This week we’re trying something different and recording early. Hopefully that will lead to a more regular amount of of PTPDs. Or we’ll go on Patreon and find a benefactor to financially support us so that’s all we do and make it a daily show.

Either way is fine by me.

5 Likes

What a wonderful way to start a week ( oh no! Will this be the highlight of my week?)- hope for a regular PTPD!

2 Likes

Thanks, @derekburgan. I listen in the car, so when @len tells me to go to disneydish.bandcamp.com, I can either cause a 20 car pileup or wait until I get home. Of course, once I get home…nothing. It has completely left my mind.

Of course, I’m down to about 10 episodes of the various podcasts to which I subscribe (except for Nerdist which isn’t Disney related). This will add a dozen or more to my list!!

While I will moan about the added episodes when PTPD is on a regular basis, I look forward to hearing them, although there are times I want to take your bell away from you!

1 Like

@TheGraceysButler I have just listened to the first three episodes- thanks!

I’m 2/3 of the way through Episode 3. I was CRACKING up during episode 2 when all y’all were talking about the changes in Star Wars 4, 5 and 6. And then in episode 3 when you said that if you watch 1, 2 and 3 with the sound off, they are pretty good.

Nice podcast. Thanks @TheGraceysButler!

Thanks for the feed back, I’ll pass it on to Joe and Patrick. We’re recording episode 4 with a few extra guests tomorrow. It’ll be a round table discussion of Age of Ultron.

2 Likes

I do the Nerdist and the Adam Carolla podcasts.