Disney or SeaWorld over Christmas 2018?

See, now I really dislike going in August because it’s so hot!! :joy::joy:
We are an older family, boys are 14 & 23 so we tend to tour late, the later the better, So our FPs are usually afternoon and stay late. The mornings we will play it by ear, book in some restaurants, pool time, mini golf etc. This how we usually tour. I’m not sure if we will park hop, again I will gauge things when I’m there, the trick is to be flexible and not have plans set in stone! So I would go with what you are planning and just change up the morning as and when you feel you need to.

This is true. The heat is ultimately the worst part in August. Even though lines/crowds aren’t as bad as the holiday week, the outside lines can be sweltering.

We’ve done the first week in September. Crowds are virtually non-existent. Probably the best time we’ve had, BUT the heat is still there. First half of October was a great balance, though. Crowds super light, and the heat not quite as bad.

1 Like

I agree October has been our best time, we were there last October and it was perfect. We can’t do September as it’s back to school for our youngest then.
I would rather deal with crowds than heat! :grin:

That’s precisely why we went! Since we homeschool, we can go when we want. We figured most people aren’t willing to take their kid out of their first or second week of school for a Disney trip.

If you love Disney enough, it might be a reason to start homeschooling! :wink:

Oh goodness no, I couldn’t Home school! I wouldn’t know where to start :joy: it not that big over here in the U.K., in fact I know nobody that does it, it’s more popular across the pond. We are lucky in the fact that DS goes to an independent school and they have more holidays than state schools so we can miss the U.K. hoards if we plan it well!

Unfortunately home school is not an option :wink: So, I’m looking at August, December, or wait until the beginning of June. We live in the midwest so it is nice to go south in the winter.

Makes sense.