Disney+ on DCL - possible at WDW?

I just got an email from DCL about my upcoming cruise (in October) and it mentioned that Disney+ is available on board. Has anyone used Disney+ on DCL? Do you have to log into your own account, or does Disney have an account logged in for you so you can immediately use it upon arrival?

The reason I ask is because I had thought there might be a system limitation for having Disney+ in WDW resort hotel rooms. But if they can have Disney+ on DCL, they must be able to have it WDW, right? It would be a no-brainer – benefit for resort guests / advertisement for Disney+. Why isn’t this a thing yet? (Unless I’m wrong about DCL …)

2 Likes

The problem with D+ at WDW is the TVs. The newest resorts have D+. The others will have to wait until they upgrade. I don’t know about on DCL; the only channel I watched was the bridge report.

1 Like

Oh they do? That’s actually the heart of my question. And is it where you log in to your own D+ account or do they have it already logged in with a “resort” account?

Seems to be at Coronado Springs and Riviera. I found one video talking about D+ “coming soon” and it mentioned D+ being a “try before you buy” option which would imply it’s a general resort account. The video also mentioned streaming from your device to the TV so I guess you could watch your queue that way. I haven’t stayed at a resort that has D+ and I rarely turn on the TV when traveling.

1 Like

We cruised on the Dream in January and there was Disney+ available, but limited offerings. Almost like a “taster” of what you can get - small selection of movies and some show previews. Certainly no way to log in to your own account (unless I missed this completely).

2 Likes

My husband takes his Chromecast streaming device whenever we go on vacation so we can access Netflix, Disney+, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I’m curious on my upcoming cruise to check it out.

Good idea! We sometimes take an HDMI to lightning cable so we can connect our phones, but sometimes Disney+ blocks this method for some reason. Chromecast would probably work better.

I was able to do this at CSR and watch Disney+ that way but the older TVs at all the other resorts I’ve stayed at wouldn’t let me mirror.

1 Like

I wonder if this is what we were watching. We watched a ton of Disney movies but DD had the remote so I don’t know how she made it work. We were on the Magic.

1 Like