Disney just changed one of my FPP's

I just received the following email from Disney:

Hello, Lynda.
We’re sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth from 9:05 PM to 9:42 PM on 12/08/2014 is no longer available due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule.
As a replacement, we have made a new selection for you at Living with the Land from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM on 12/08/2014.

What does change in operating schedule mean? I checked online and couldn’t find any changes to EPCOT’s hours for that day.

Thanks!

Totally a guess, but it might be that there is a private (paying) dessert party that just got scheduled for the FPP reserved seating area, so then everyone who would be sitting there for free got their FPP cancelled.

That’s not quite a fair trade. I’m surprised if they had the cancel your Illuminations FPP+ that they wouldn’t let you select your own replacement, kind of like when the attraction is down during your FastPass window. First time I’ve heard of something like this, so I’ll be interested if you hear anything more about why this was happened.

Agreed, I don’t think it’s a fair trade at all. I know LwtL is in the same tier as Illuminations, but that’s also the tier containing Soarin’ and Test Track. As the song from Sesame Street says: one of these things is not like the others.

That said, @lynnie0108 I’m not sure what options you have besides either going with LwtL, trying to get Soarin’ or TT, or reshuffling your park days if you can get Illuminations on another day. If you contact Disney about this, I’d love to hear what they have to say. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I already have FPP’s for Soarin’ and TT on that day (was able to get all tier 1’s during a glitch), so I guess the only one left to give me was LWTL. I just went in to MDE to see if I could switch it and I was able to switch it back to Illuminations. I have no idea what’s going on but I’m going to hope for the best! Will keep you all posted.

[quote=“lynnie0108, post:5, topic:8011”]
I just went in to MDE to see if I could switch it and I was able to switch it back to Illuminations[/quote]

That’s even stranger

Right? I keep checking to make sure it’s there and it is.

Keep us posted! Glad you were able to switch it back and hope it holds

Thanks- so far, so good!

Did it work out?

Yep- had no further issues with any of my FPP’s, including the one for Illuminations.