Disney Height Chart

Who are these young whippersnappers using the forum on their phone??

3 Likes

On your desktop you can click the photo to zoom in! :slight_smile: (You can also zoom in on your browser using CTRL + mouse wheel, but I donā€™t recommend doing that if you arenā€™t familiar with it cause you may not be able to zoom back to your preferred setting).

Bravo! We used SM as the motivation to get our 5YO to eat his broccoli for 6 months ahead of our last trip, so Iā€™m totally on board with this! Would you consider making your chart to scale so the 32" - 54" rows are 32" - 54" above the floor? Go big or go home!

3 Likes

I thought about doing that (and did it on an older version) but there are so many more rides at 40" than the others that itā€™s hard to put it to scale. FWIW, the 54" is aligned with 54" on the scale. :slight_smile:

1 Like

*stadiometer

Fixed it for @OBNurseNH

3 Likes

I like big words and I cannot lie.

4 Likes

Such an amazing idea. Iā€™m definitely going to use this.

1 Like

Thatā€™s catchy! You should write a song.

3 Likes

I accidentally earwormed myself with that post. :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

I have a shirt that says ā€œ I love big mutts and I cannot lieā€ but refuse to wear it any more because I am stuck with said song in my head for the rest of the day.

6 Likes

Oh. My. God. Becky

Edit: had to double check whose thread i was on. If @Jeff_AZ is gonna post Seinfeld references on other posts, Iā€™m confident heā€™ll respect a little Sir Mix-a-lot on his :smile:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Youā€™ve inspired me to add little ride photos at the 40" and 44" marks of the door post we used to measure DD5. Definitely caught her attention.
I just had to explain to DW it was all about good nutrition.

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

One thing Iā€™ve been wondering about is why DINOSAUR has a 40" height requirement compared to 46" for Indiana Jones, despite the ride vehicles and track layout purportedly being identical. Any ideas why that might be? Maybe theyā€™re not so identical after all? Maybe more motion on IJ?

1 Like

First thought was just the general regulatory differences between FL and CA, but then checked other rides, and Space is actually higher at MK (are the two versions noticeably different in intensity?) and Splash and BTMR are the same at both, so probably not that. Guessing thereā€™s more movement on IJ where it would be more important to have your feet on the floor for added stability? Wish I could speak from experience here, but DLR remains elusive to me. Some day.

2 Likes

I feel that way about the Tomorrowland Speedway. The Magic Kingdom shouldnā€™t smell like that.

3 Likes

Yes, the two rides are pretty different. MK version is more like Matterhorn at DL (which is 42" vs. 44" for MK Space). DL Space is 4 rows of 2 side-by-side, almost like MK Splash but separated into two cars. EDIT: actually 6 rows of 2.

IJ feels more wild to me than Dinosaur. Canā€™t quite put my finger on it. But others have posted ride schematics that show an identical track layout, so who knows.

Disneyland SM:

Disney World SM:

2 Likes

DL IJ definitely felt more ā€œjostlingā€ to me than WDW Dinosaur, so it could be that.

1 Like

This is a great idea! Two of my kids have a genetic disorder that affects their growth. DS12 has worn the same size pants for four years now. DD7 is so tiny, and she also doesnā€™t speak very well, so people think sheā€™s a lot younger than she is. I think the cast members thought I was lying when I said she was 7. The CM at MFSR asked me three times if I was sure she was 7. Yes, I promise! She is just a shorty! (hence her nickname, Peanut.) We were fortunate that she was just barely squeeking by for the height requirements on the rides she wanted to ride. But only at Disney World- other theme parks like Kennywood and Cedar Point, itā€™s Kiddie land for us! (Hello Camp Snoopy!) This is a really great idea! I might steal it

1 Like