Disney Gift Card at Target

I don’t know if this was a fluke or not, but I got a Disney Gift Card at Target for a great deal. The card is marked as having a $360 value, but it rang up at $350. I asked the cashier about it, but he couldn’t change the amount. I figured it was a misprint on the card. I did use my RED card for another 5% off. When I checked the value later, it was the full $360, even though it only cost me $332.50!

8 Likes

Wow! That’s a great deal!!!

Wow! Makes me want to run out to Target rn and check! Don’t think they are open at 6am though…

1 Like

It’s a great hack that I tell anyone who even mentions Disney to me. The RED card gets in in trouble buying things I don’t really need, but for my trip it’s been great. I bought enough to cover the cost of my package. Saved me a pretty nice chunk of money off of my reservations.

1 Like

I don’t shop at Target, but I maintain a Target card for the sole purpose of buying Disney cards.

Actually - I get Target gift cards from my credit card rewards, then i go o line and buy gift cards. My payment method is saved as my target card, so even though I’m using gift cards to buy gift cards I still get the 5%!

1 Like

Oh, is the $360 card always $350? Or are you referring to just the red card discount?

I thought you could no longer use target gift cards to buy other gift cards? Have you done this recently?

1 Like

They sell a $360 GC? In store? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I found the $360 gift cards at a Target store in Nashville. They were on the display near the greeting cards, not up by the registers. It rang up at $350, PLUS I got the 5% redcard discount on top of that. Again, not sure if this was a lucky mistake or what, but I was happy to have it! I still have money due on my hotel stay, so I may try again today and see if it happens again.

3 Likes

Oh man. No. It’s been 6 months. That would stink.

Last time I tried that it didn’t let me do it. The time before I saved 10%, so was a bummer.

That’s correct. You can no longer use Target GIFT cards to buy other gift cards, but you can still use the Target RED card to buy gift cards.

1 Like

I don’t think they allow that anymore. Most places won’t allow you to buy a gc with a gc

Does anyone know how long a Disney gift card is good for? I would like to start saving for our next trip January 2021.

I’m glad I’m learning this early.
Ugh.
So disappointing. Worked last fall! :sob:

There is no expiration for Disney cards.

1 Like

Bought 2 more $360 cards at Target yesterday. Same deal. After register discount and Red card discount, I only paid $665 for $720 worth of cards. I’ve now paid for my room and tickets this way. Will go get one more for spending money once we arrive.

3 Likes

Where are you seeing the 360 cards? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them

I found them in the end cap of gift cards near the greeting cards.

1 Like

Boo none of the targets around me have them. Highest they go is $100.