Disney Dining Plan Relaunch - 2024-01-09

I’m a sense, I have a free dining plan for our upcoming trip. $600 in Disney Visa Rewards! :nerd_face:

I expect that between that, and the $400 im Disney Gift Card money I have, we will cover all our meals for this upcoming trip, and part of our September trip!

1 Like

Yep! Last trip for 2 adults with a 3 character meals, the occasional extra kids meal, snacks, drinks and about 5 or 6 extra meals for other 2 adults (each) we spent under $1000. The discount I got on the AoA Nemo Suite was well over that.

1 Like

I would never be able to justify the cost. I don’t eat enough, so a lot of sharing. The meals are too huge. … also don’t drink. I often order off the kids menu.

5 Likes

See - I still don’t think this is a good deal when you analyze it. If you are solo - even if you finish this sundae - this is like a meal so are you now wasting a meal credit? Of with a group, you’ll probably share it so are you wasting a snack credits?

2 Likes

How so?

1 Like

For the meal credit, if your snack is so big you aren’t hungry and skip a meal, you could end up not using that credit that you paid for.

Not so sure on the snack - I guess because everyone wouldn’t need their own snack so they don’t all get used. But since you can use them on drinks or prepackaged items, I wouldn’t have thought that was a big concern.

4 Likes

If I’m having a sundae for my lunch I’m not missing out on using a meal credit for lunch. Using a credit for breakfast is usually a waste.

3 Likes

Oh, got it. But you have 2 meal credits, 1 snack credit for the day and traditionally 3 meals.

I’m actually really bummed they took away a snack credit. I always maximized the ussage.

This can be true. But some people use a TS credit for a character breakfast. Or a sundae for breakfast :crazy_face:. I would only think using the snack credit for such a large sundae would benefit you if that was already in the plan. Same with the expensive coffee.

5 Likes

I agree with you, I was just explaining what I think the logic is.

3 Likes

I agree with you - this is the reason the DDP will never be for me unless it’s truly free. It incentives me to eat more than I want to in order to maximize value. I like to eat a few things that I really like rather than a ton of what is just ok. That sundae would ruin my day honestly. :rofl:

3 Likes

Another thing I realized just a few days ago about the DDP…and how it benefits Disney, but not necessarily guests…was when I was looking at menus for places we wanted to eat.

For example, I noticed that the House of Blues explicitly states they do not accept the DDP. Which means if I had WANTED to eat there, either I can’t, or I end up paying for it out of pocket on TOP of the cost of the DDP. (We are actually eating there TWICE in March.)

This means, much like what constitutes a snack is limited, your options are limited even for TS.

When I do not buy the DDP, I can go anywhere I want without any worries. I can skip snacks or meals without any worries.

2 Likes

True, but also true that it’s a very limited number of venues that do not accept the plan.

And there is certainly no shortage of snack options :wink:

1 Like

For sure. But the point is Disney IS limiting your choices.

Want to do Space 220, for example? Not when using the DDP!

1 Like

Well phew - because I don’t want to do Space 220 :wink:

:blowfish:

You’re correct about limitations.

2 Likes

But…but… it’s such an…up-lifting experience! :grin:

2 Likes

Is it still possible to trade in one QS credit for three snack credits? This can be handy during festivals.

1 Like

I always ask “Do you want the product being offered?” A deal is not worth it if you don’t actually want the product in the first place. I use an on sale T-shirt as an example. Would I buy this T-shirt if it wasn’t on sale? If I wouldn’t, then the sale is not really a deal at all. So, this one I’m with you on. I don’t want to have to eat all this stuff I don’t want cuz it’s prepaid and I have to get my money’s worth. I already have an issue with the set meal prices. I often do not want dessert as I’m stuffed by then. I wouldn’t order if it wasn’t forced. And one time at Spice Road Table, the waiter brought my husband a beer even though he didn’t want one cuz “alchohol is included”. He bought me mimosas I didn’t ask for. He was very insistent and thought we were crazy for only wanting one drink (me) or none (DH). So I’m definitely not one for dining plans (unless they are free aka a package I’m getting).

2 Likes

That’s kind of insane…and frankly rude! For example, my parents are morally opposed to consuming alcohol in any form…if they had been brought a beer unsolicited they would have been furious!

1 Like

Yeah, It was high pressure for sure and judgment. Not good service.

No