Disney Dining Plan query

We are a family of 4 staying on site with the Disney dining plan staying late August I have already booked our ADR but my sons girlfriend as decided to join us for 1 week now. My question is how hard would it be to add another 1 to our meal choices if we just walk up and ask to add 1 person to the booking ?

We have got ADR at
The Boathouse
Chefs Art Home Comin
Liberty Tree
Kona Cafe

I’ve heard of people having success with this strategy in the past. Since your trip is fairly far away, I would recommend using the reservation finder to get the reservation to the correct number. Better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

I would add her to my MDE and work at getting new reservations to be safe.

1 Like

The problem is you’d be moving from a table that sits four to one that sits six. That’s pretty significant.

I would definitely start looking for reservations for six (five could be tricky, the system is odd when it comes to odd numbers). Maybe call the dining line and see if they can do anything. Use the reservation finder if you need to.

1 Like

Last year I had this problem with family that wanted to see us while we were at DW. I called to have people added next time I’ll either say sorry or just add extra when I make the ADR’s the first time.

2 Likes

Yes, it is my understanding that you can always reduce the number of people on a reservation with no penalty as long as one shows up. So my take is if you believe there could be more always book extra people in your reservation.