Disney confirms two major expansion projects in Florida "Beyond Big Thunder Mountain" at MK and "Tropical Americas" at AK

Never been the ride at DL but looking at the pics from the website I linked earlier looks like there are hot springs at both

Tracks approach from different directions and Dino fossil faces in different directions as well.

3 Likes

FEA and Epcot and the Frozen Sing-A-Long at HS
Nemo ride at Epcot and show at AK
Beauty and the Beast is at MK, EP and HS is various forms

3 Likes

Another story I read says the Carousel shown in the bottom of the artwork will be Coco themed. Encanto dark ride in upper left, Indy to the right.

3 Likes

That’s what I had heard too. It would just seem strange to do an Encanto/Coco based land in one park and then do it again in a other.

They could expand Encanto to the current dig part and make the carousel UP! themed, then save Coco for MK?

3 Likes

True - I guess I don’t consider shows the same as rides, and especially the same as themed lands…

Little Mermaid also once again fall into the Ride in one land, show in another. Thinking back, it confused me the first trip because the names were similar!

4 Likes

That’s a fair point.

The MK land sounds like it is earlier in the idea stage so maybe the theme will change.

2 Likes

Just thought of another with rides … Buzz at MK and TSL at HS.

3 Likes

From what I have read, they are still working on what the Beyond Thunder Mountain project will be. It is going to be about the size of Galaxy’s Edge. This supposed to be the “Biggest Expansion Ever at WDW”. They are going to want something spectacular.

My dumb guess, this will be an entirely new land for MK, maybe the long-rumored Villains’ area. WDW needs to create some really amazing that will get every Disney fan talking and excited. I just don’t think Coco moves the needle that much.

2 Likes

This is what think is going to happen there. And that is why Encanto and Coco were moved to the AK project instead of the Moana ride that was shown in the Bluesky talk with Josh.

1 Like

I want to be excited about this. I really do. But it seems like everything they announce recently takes 5+ years to open and is half of what they initially planned due to budget cuts. I’ll hold my excitement for when it opens.

8 Likes

This one bugs my family. Every trip my DD asks why they both exist :laughing:

2 Likes

I completely agree that Coco isn’t moving the needle.

I think I am getting sucked into the writer’s speculation that is all.based on the 2022 D23 expo as opposed to what has actually come out from Disney.

I think you are both right. So I’ll stop my fretting!

1 Like

Another thought, Disney has or will introduce Frozen Land to Hong Kong and Paris, Frozen as part of Fantasy Springs at Tokyo Seas. They often have chosen to go with what they already know and is proven. They have had success with Zootopia but that screams out AK placement.

Maybe Frozen.

1 Like

I don’t see Frozen going in yet another park. And while I think Zootopia would work in AK, when I mentioned it on another thread - probably after the blue sky thinking thing - I was comprehensively shot down.

1 Like

They have odd rules about how many years have to pass before their things can be repeated in the states. It’s why we had to wait so long for Tron.

3 Likes

At the rate Disney works, maybe I can bring my grandkids to the expansions!

6 Likes