Disney College Programme is back!

The Disney College Programme is back! Woohoo!

To my mind that means that all CMs who qualify have been recalled and some others offered their jobs back (or another role). Except for certain contracted roles in Entertainment.

Info here:

https://sites.disney.com/lifeatdisney/2021/05/03/a-major-announcement-our-new-site-is-live/?cid=17155

20 Likes

Great news!

(Now bring back the international program!)

8 Likes

Still issues around that, which are out of Disney’s hands. For a start, international travel and also work Visas. I suspect it will be next year before that starts up again.

4 Likes

Oh, I know. But I can hope!

3 Likes

SUCH good news!

1 Like

@JustKeepSmiling , I was thinking of your wonderful and heart-wrenching report of Abby’s few weeks in the DCP. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Do you think Abby will apply to complete her program? I see initially they’re asking successful 2020 applicants and those who finished early to re-apply.

6 Likes

What the heck is a Programme? Don’t you have spell check in the UK? :wink:

5 Likes

They fancy

5 Likes

:scream:

You’re going there? Again?

<sigh>

In American English, program is the correct spelling. In Australian English, program and programme are both acceptable. In British English, programme is the preferred spelling, although program is often used in computing contexts.

6 Likes

I work for a company based in the UK so I don’t even notice these differences anymore! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol. In my estimation, it’s your language. We’re just here to trash the place! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8f2968565e42131a391f9490a2c6a04a/tenor.gif?itemid=9184215

9 Likes

I like how Australia is like “whatever!” :woman_shrugging::joy:

10 Likes

:joy::joy:

(Yes, this is a complete sentence - at least now it is lol).

5 Likes

Aww, thanks for thinking of her :heart: This news did start all of our DCP conversations again but unfortunately, the minimum commitment is 5 months and she is starting a professional development program with student teaching in the fall so she’s passing on it. She’s sad about it but there really isn’t anything she can do that wouldn’t mess up her college plan. I do believe that they’ve extended eligibility to 24 months after graduation so if for some reason, she’s unable to get a job, she may try again in the future. It would have been nice to not have to go through the interview process again but honestly it won’t be a normal experience right now. There is no choice in role, Disney puts you wherever they want, and CMs are blocked from the parks. From what I’ve read on the FB pages of parents of DCP who are now CMs, Disney is short staffed and allowing DCP back, especially those already trained, will help. Honestly though, it’s a tough place to work right now. Although there are many excited to get back to working for Disney, there are also a lot of stories of CMs quitting because guest abuse seems worse than usual. We just came back from visiting last week and witnessed more than one guest with bad behavior directed towards CMs :cry:

5 Likes

I can definitely believe this, those poor CMs.

3 Likes

Just awful.

3 Likes

It is really sad and was hard to watch in a few cases. My daughter was really mad!

4 Likes
6 Likes