Disney Character Breafast Recommendations

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and am loving all the wonderful tips and advice! I haven’t been to WDW for 15 years and can’t wait to take my 2 small boys. We’re off to WDW on 24 Aug (travelling from the UK) and I would love to include 2 or 3 character breakfasts during our stay. We have booked Garden Grill but I am looking for recommendations for others - perhaps at Disney Resort Hotels? I have tried to get a reservation at Crystal Palace but there are only late morning reservations left which I’m not really interested in.

Thanks you,
Tina

What time are you looking for? Cape May at BC is nice, although it has Minnie and not Mickey. I usually say to decide what characters you want and then book from there. I am afraid that character breakfasts are very popular but people do cancel all the time, especially a day or two before the reservation, so if you use the finder and are flexible you could have good luck.

Oh- and welcome to the forum!

Hi @tinafay1

We are not fans of character breakfasts because don’t like the quality food. The only one we’ve found that we like is Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. We think the food is better than other character buffets and the character interaction was very good too.

That is the only one that I feel comfortable recommending.

Your first trip in 15 years and first with your boys -how exciting! Have a great trip.

Like @PrincipalTinker said, character breakfasts are going to be a little harder to come by. Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort is fun, but gets a lot of mixed reviews on the food for the price you pay. Crystal Palace and Tusker House are good ones for in-park breakfasts, so keep trying for those. Ohana is one with Lilo and Stitch at Polynesian. Also very popular, but you could set up a reservation finder through Touring Plans website and hope you get it.
I know a lot of people recommend 1900 Park Fare…but I have personally never been.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time no matter what!

Thank you everyone. I had noticed that the reviews look mixed for many of these. I have booked a character lunch at Tusker House one day which I’m really looking forward to so wasn’t planning on doing a breakfast there too as only going to have one day at AK. Are there any restaurants that any of you would recommend for Breakfast that aren’t character ones? I expect most days we’ll end up having breakfast on the go, but think it would be nice to have some sit-down ones. Do many restaurants serve pancakes for breakfast? I thought pancakes were popular for breakfast in the States, as we rarely have them in the UK and our family love them? All the menus I’ve looked at seem to serve waffles instead.

1 Like

Kona Cafe at the Poly have amazing macadamia nut pancakes!

Oh how exciting, thank you PrincipalTinker :slight_smile: