Disney Bans Ice, Smoking and Large Strollers from Entering Theme Parks

Don’t worry. I keep my mouth shut while I type such things! It would look odd, otherwise. :wink:

1 Like

Keep your fingers still, @ryan1 !

Okay.

D’oh! I moved my fingers to type, “Okay.”

D’oh! I moved my fingers to type that I moved my fingers!

D’oh! …

3 Likes

Why be snarky?
You start by indicating you “did not feel like need” which is preference and understandable, but then switch to “cannot go like when…”
The thing is we CAN still hustle… because we prefer to.
Going at a commando speed rewards all the members of my family as we rarely miss a thing. With infrequent visits no one wants to come home having missed something that matters to us.
So quickly threads on DIS dissolve into snark, I liked this board because it nicer…

Gracefully bowing out.

Do people actually make comments to people in ECVs about being lazy? I mean, people who’ve paid a fortune for tickets to WDW are actually wasting their time (and yours) to make a comment about you? :open_mouth:

I think it is the ‘no, I am the most important, my time is the most valuable, I worked the hardest, my children are the most precious, no, I am the most important’ syndrome. :joy:

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a BAD thing. :wink:

You know the comments section on news sites? When you read the kinds of things people like to post there, you soon realize how many people there are in the world who have nothing better than do (or so it seems) with their lives than to insult everyone else around them any way they can. It is disheartening. I wish news sites would just turn off comments entirely. Anyhow, point is, you’ll always find people who just like to judge others. But I also take heart knowing that for every person that DOES make a snide, hurtful comment, there are dozens of others who aren’t and likely are hearing those comments as well, not thinking they are right…but thinking they are idiots.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, yes. It’s usually the ‘pretending to say it quietly but really saying it just loud enough that everyone hears it and you feel bad’ variety. Mostly around the buses from my experience.

2 Likes

Preach! :raised_hands:

1 Like

The other side to this, though, is that you actually DO miss things. I mean, I realize you’re talking about the rides/attractions you want to do. But there are so many little detail things that you sometimes don’t even realize or notice when you’re rushing about. I’m not saying you’re wrong to want to do it your way…but I also think there is something to be said for slowing things down, as well, and noticing all the things you DO miss and never know it!

It is one of the things I’m really looking forward to doing with my wife for our anniversary trip alone. We know, going in, that the focus this time around is to see/do all the things we otherwise never have or would because we’ve been too busy doing everything else. In our research, it is amazing how much we DIDN’T know we were missing!

5 Likes

I dream of the day my brain will allow me to do this! It was a bit of a miracle when I didn’t panic when my kids wanted to spend WAY more time on Tom Sawyer Island than I had originally allotted!

Hehe! Hilarious! I can totally relate. Actually, I can relate from multiple sides. As a kid, I remember LOVING the time we spent on TSI and hated it when Mom and Dad told it was time to head back. Then, as a parent, we’d take our kids there on a schedule, as you experienced.

1 Like

See, this makes me sad. Why should the 4 year old not be able to stop and look at the topiaries, the ducks, Chip and Dale as they walk past her? To me, that’s part of being a 4 year old. They should be looking, gazing, chasing ducks (within reason, and not geese). Not all the time but they should be able to do all that stuff, just as the older ones should be able to do the rides.

In other words, everyone gets to enjoy what they want to do. Now sure, sometimes you need to get from a to b. But for me, the fun with my 6 year old was spending 15 minutes every hour at the old DHS “Crossroads of America”, for four times (one at each corner), waiting for the Power Rangers to arrive. Or following Chip and Dale all the way from the Hub to Frontierland, where they then stopped for a meet and greet. We literally arrived behind them and the CM beckoned him forward first. Or spending 45 minutes watching him watching the trains at Epcot, and another 30 minutes following the ducks.

He doesn’t remember much else about his first visit. He does remember riding Dumbo 6 times in a row though.

I get others have different priorities. But sometimes a 4 year old needs to do things for 4 year old stuff, walking around the park.

4 Likes

Like, for example, chasing after geckos. :slight_smile: I mean, sure, we paid uber bucks to get into this place…but watching your kids thrilled to see the little lizards roaming about as you’re making your way to Tomorrowland is priceless. (Wait…wait. I feel a credit card commercial coming on.)

4 Likes

Aw, you just reminded me. My DS caught a gecko on this last trip. I got mad, but maybe that’s part of being a boy. He didn’t hurt it, but the thing had it’s jaws open, like it was yelling at him. I told him he was scaring it. He and his brother just wanted some photos, but the gecko didn’t know that.

2 Likes

The ‘stage whisper’. :fearful:

@ryan1 has his Disney underpants, so no need to go commando!:wink:

3 Likes

The Unredeemed persist in this vile heresy that a pilgrimage to the Sacred Spaces is about “leisure” or “enjoyment.” Those words reek of sulfur and brimstone, and try to seduce the Truly Faithful away from the Hard Road of Faith. One must commit to physical and mental sacrifice, to purify the spirit and show deep devotion. To spend time “observing” or “interacting,” to say nothing of that most ridiculous frippery “eating,” is to embrace a life of dissipation that ultimately bars one from Redemption.

3 Likes

I do so miss your daily posts…

2 Likes

No mention of drinking here…are you an imposter? :wink:

1 Like