Disney Annual Pass

And yet here we are crashing the gates

Brain amoebas :microbe:

We are all infected with them from the water there.

2 Likes

Really gotta make those passes work for you. Goā€¦ I dunno, 4-5 times a year, all 3 ā€” no 6! week stays.

ā€¦yeah. Yeah thatā€™s it.

Did you ever get a solid answer on Gold pass availability? We may want to upgrade some date-based tickets to APs but the member services person I talked to said no APs till 2021. Hadnā€™t heard that before, so I filed it under ā€œmay or may not be good informationā€. I was hoping someone else may have gotten different or better information.

Iā€™ve been told directly by 2 CMs that AP sales are suspended and they didnā€™t know when theyā€™d resume. So 2021 is new

Iā€™ve been told the same as @vcka.

1 Like

Sigh.

1 Like

I stalk the DVC page for annual pass availability, and in the last couple of days, the link has disappeared from the ā€œTickets and Toursā€ page. So I sucked it up and booked 2 packages covering my planned trip in April/May 2021. Intellectually I know that park reservations are probably not going to run out any time soon, but I keep seeing so many people that have rescheduled their trips to that time frame and I got nervous.

What is going to make me really angry is if AP room discounts come out before Iā€™m able to get an AP.

1 Like

I saw on wdwnt that Disney is now offering a Florida residents only Epcot after 4 passā€¦basically, unlimited access to Epcot after 4 (wellā€¦after 2, actuallyā€¦not sure why they call it after 4). I kind of wish theyā€™d allow AP holders the same benefit as an alternative to park-hopping. If we could ā€œhopā€ into EPCOT each afternoon/evening for our December trip, that would be awesome.

However, I canā€™t seem to find evidence of this pass on the website itself. Perhaps it know that Iā€™m not a Florida resident or something?

What is the latest that APs are currently valid until? It might be that almost no one has an AP that coincides with your trip, unless they bought it right before the pandemic. This leads me to believe that they wonā€™t be releasing new AP discounts (beyond the fall / early winter) unless and until they start selling APs again.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been wondering this myself. I was hoping there would be an AP holder discount for our one-night stay at the Contemporary in December. But we are beyond the date of when AP discounts that cover December typically come out. Perhaps they wonā€™t have any, or they will still offer them, but delayed slightly.

1 Like

Yeah, I was afraid of that. On the one hand it seems like they are trying to keep the current Passholders they have so there is attendance in the park and food/souvenir money coming. But why not sell more? Afraid that another closure extends their commitment to existing APs and lack of reliable revenue an unknown amount of time? APs to come back only when COVID is under control? Or only for Florida residents for a while?

So did you buy 2 sets of tickets/packages for your trip? Seems a shame to have to do that if the AP becomes available, but I understand the desire to have your reservations set.

So if Iā€™m looking at the next 6-8 week timeframe, best practice is to keep an eye on the resort reservation system and if resort guest availability starts to diminish during our planned stay I need to buy date-based ticketā€™s?

I like the way you think! I hope youā€™re right.

1 Like

My trip is 14 days, so I had to do 2 packages. If/when the APs go on sale I will cancel the ticket portion (and possibly the room part too, just depends on discounts, club level offerings, etc.). Iā€™m assuming that as long as I but the APs before I cancel the package my park reservations should stay intact.

1 Like

I am trying to come up with a reasonable take on what WDW intention/plans are for Annual Passes now and in the future.

Last week was the deadline for canceling APā€™s and getting a refund on the remainder. BTW due to the limitations imposed on using an AP, Iā€™m one of many who did this.

Then yesterday, the availability of park reservations for AP holders greatly increased.
https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/all-four-disney-world-theme-parks-available-for-annual-passholder-reservations-as-disney-continues-to-reallocate-availability/

My guess, now that they have an idea of the number new revenue guests for the near future, they can allocate more space to AP holders, who generate less additional revenue.

WDW is obviously going to try to maximize revenue from guests. but they also have to minimize operating costs. Having data from park reservations makes cost control easier, staffing requirements in parks, how much food and drink to have ready for sale.

AP holders are much harder to account for in planning (more likely to make last-minute cancelation or reservation). Iā€™m guessing WDW would like to remove as much uncertainty as possible in their plans.

As such, right now they are discouraging AP holders, probably not have new AP sales and will wait until attendance gets back to higher levels. Just my take.

3 Likes

Ah. So packages, including tickets that are part of it, are refundable till 30 days or whatever the policy is now? So if APs come back you can cancel what you need and all youā€™re out is having a small deposit tied up for a while?

Exactly!

Iā€™m hoping they try and appease the APā€™S that stuck with them and add another hotel discount. I have never stayed on property, but we are going a 5 day trip in November so thought of doing it then.

I didnā€™t know where to put this bit of news, but it effects AP holdersā€¦ in Shanghaiā€¦ but it might be a hint at the direction we will see in the states in the future:

There is a lot in this thread, so maybe I missed the answer to this question. I am planning to travel with my family in December for a 6-night stay with 5-day park tickets. Am I understanding correctly that right now there is not an option for upgrading our tickets to an AP once we are on property? I know I donā€™t have the ability to buy an AP right now, but I would be super bummed to miss out on upgrading to an AP, especially since I could see us doing a summer, Halloween, and possible Thanksgiving trip in 2021.

There isnā€™t right NOW but that can change. No one knows when they will resume AP sales

2 Likes