Discovery Cove Orlando Tips

We are (hopefully) heading to Orlando in late October and our first stop is Discovery Cove. We would love any tips folks would like to share and especially the following:
1 - Do they have plus size (2x or maybe even 3x) wetsuits (for oldest/teen DD)
2 - Are getting the chairs w/ awning worth it or will there always be enough “regular” lounge chairs?
3 - Do we have to get there by 8am or can we wait until 9am or so (if we are not doing a morning experience)? When is breakfast served to?

My oldest DD’s dream is to swim around with the rays and sharks (but is terrified of the open ocean). Second DD thinks its all seems pretty cool.

Doing a through go through of the Discovery Cove site and found the hours for the restaurants:

• Discovery Cove Breakfast Hours: 7:30 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.

• Discovery Cove Lunch Hours: 11:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.

• Hibiscus Hideaway Pizza Hours: 10:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

• Bar Service Hours: 10:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.

Hi - my family loved Discovery Cove and it sounds like yours will love it too.

A couple of my thoughts:

• There are definitely wet suits of all sizes. This should not be a problem and you feel comfortable quickly.

• We did not have any problems getting chairs but we went on the early side. We never sat in them, we were always somewhere.

• We did not pay extra for experiences and had no regrets. There was plenty to do.

• One of my favorite parts was the aviary. I could have stayee there all day.

• But the reef section really was my favorite. There was a time when the keeper dumped in brine shrimp right as me and DD were swimming by and we were surrounded by rays. It was seriously awesome. If you have your own snorkel gear bring it. DH found the mouth piece particularly hard to manage. It is big which can take a moment to get used to.

Discivery Cove is a favorite memory for me. I hope you love it!

3 Likes

There is a very active DC page on DIS boards.

It’s a bucket list item for me for sure.

2 Likes

Thank you! It sounds like it really is a wonderful as it looks.

1 Like