Discounted/deals on Disney gift cards?

BJ’s does usually have discounts on gift cards, but the discount varies depending on the store/restaurant it is for. Sam’s and Costco do this as well.

Along with the Disney gift cards, BJ’s has “up to 10% savings” on other gift cards through 10/31. For example, they usually sell Dunkin’ $25 gift cards for $24.79 which is barely any savings, but they’re currently on sale for $19.79 (and in case anyone was wondering, we bought these in club too, so it’s not just online). Some stores/restaurants have better deals always though.

I have purchased ten $100 gift cards at a time on multiple occasions. For combining the GC I much prefer the $100 card.

Discover and Chase Freedom have 5% cashback on wholesale clubs this quarter (on first $1500 of purchases)

Thank you so much for this information. I already had a majority of the gift cards for our families Aug 2019 trip but I just finished up with the remaining cards I anticipate needing. I am a bit of a nerd about saving money so each bit I save it makes me more and more excited for the trip.

Thank you. I just ordered gift cards from BJs. I didn’t realize they could be used on almost everything! Every penny saved counts!

The offer does end tomorrow on 10/31.

You can also retroactively apply gift cards to an existing, paid off reservation, as long as you’re more than 14 days from arrival. You have to call, but they’ll do it and refund your cc. I bought $8,000 of gift cards using the membership cart trick this weekend (and got the last of the $100’s, sorry) and have already applied the first $2k to my trip which was paid off in April. I’m waiting for the refund to hit my cc before putting the other $6k on there. With 2 Chase rewards cards and a 2% card, I’m looking at saving $890 which is more than 10%.

Yes, you can. As long as you are actually trying to pay with an actual gift card and not the plastic tear-off portion with the bar code that you scanned when you bought the card at Target but is not a bar code recognized by Disney’s system and so 3 CMs and their supervisor spend an hour trying to get it to work before you realize that you tore off the actual gift card the day before and used it to buy an overpriced souvenir . . . purely hypothetical scenario, of course.

Oh. Of course. Because such a scenario would never happen for real. :wink:

I have a gift card-related question as well…can I go to a shop, present my Visa Disney card, get the 10% discount, swipe my magic band to charge to the room, and then go to the hotel desk that night to pay with a gift card (which I have read you can do)? Or if you are presenting the Visa card for the discount, do you have to actually USE the Visa in-store to pay? Thinking about getting some of those gift cards, too… :slight_smile:

To get the Disney Visa discount, the charge has to go on the Visa.

There has been a report on Lines where CMs did let someone flash their Visa and use a GC or MB and still get the discount, but I think that was very much the exception to the rule and wouldn’t count on it.

OK, thanks! :slight_smile:

Well, not to me, at least. (ahem . . .)

I just got an email from BJ’s about a discount on travel-related gift cards through 11/25. This does include Disney gift cards. The discount – oddly – is highest on the $25 gc. It’s $22.49, or 10%+ off. The $50 is $45.99 (8%+ off); $100 is $93.99 (7%+ off); a 3-pack of $50 is $139.49 (7%+ off); $500 is $484.99 (3%+ off). I did try the add-the-online-membership-and-remove-it-at-checkout thing, and that appears to no longer work, as it would not let me check out after I removed the membership (it kept asking me to select a membership). But they had Southwest gift cards at 20%+ off, and I got a couple of those in addition to some of the $25 Disney gift cards, so even with the $10 online membership fee, I still came out significantly ahead – worth it to me.

4 Likes

Be aware that unlike Disney gift cards, there isn’t an easy way to consolidate Southwest gift cards and you can only use two per purchase. I heard conflicting reports if it’s two per person per purchase and I haven’t quite figured out whether I could split my five person family into five different purchases of if something would go screwy.

Oh – thanks for the heads-up! It won’t be a problem for our current plans, but that’s good information to have going forward. I’ll know not to go crazy with them :wink:

So, they fixed the loop hole, apparently!

One thing I’ve noticed, regardless, is that BJ’s sends more advertising emails than any company I’ve ever experienced. Since making the purchase, I’ve been receiving a minimum of 2-3 emails PER DAY from them. I went in and updated my email preferences, but they say it can take 10 business days to update. Which means I’m STILL getting bombarded with emails almost two weeks out.

I recommend going into your account ASAP and updating your email preferences.

1 Like

BJs has 10% off the $25 Disney gift Cards for Black Friday. There doesn’t seem to be a max allowed. You do need a BJs membership though.

Target still does give 5% off with a Red Card.

The best deals I have found lately have been buying from Sam’s when Dosh cash back is high. Right now it’s only 2% for Sam’s, but it has been 5%, 8% and even 10%. When I combine that with Uber’s Visa Local offers for 5% back, and my rewards credit card for 2% back at warehouse stores, plus the approx 4% off that the DGC are marked down at Sam’s, it can add up to about 17% off.

With my savings I am really tempted to get an AP again, and not just get a park ticket for my trip in January.

If anybody wants a referral link to Sam’s, Dosh, or Uber to set up savings train, send me a message. I was able to get my Sam’s membership for less than $5 and can share those links with you.

FYI, the $25 gift cards at BJ’s are sold out. They still have the other amounts though, for about 8% or lower off.