Disappointing things to happen

Wow qwerty6 - that picture says it all. So sorry!

I went to Disney for two nights in January, to escape Winter. I stayed at POR. I’d always wanted to go there.
It rained and was cold all three days. Friday and Sunday were great in spite of the weather, but Saturday was miserable.
HS: crazy crowded. Only was able to ride about three rides. No FP available for SDD. Got off the tower of terror and tried to use the ladies’ room. It was scarier than the ride. It was like a bus station not disney. Had lunch at Brown Derby lounge. Thought it was eh. By the time I got back to the hotel that night I was tired and hangry. Tried to have dinner at the food court. They served raw flank steak. Not rare but actually cool in the center.

Wow, I’ve been holding on to that for months. No funny anecdotes. Happily to tragedies either, thank goodness. Just whining I’ve been saving up for just this topic!

All and all though a bad aday at Disney was still pretty ok.

4 Likes

This was my wife’s disappointment (not mine).

She was apparently expecting that we were getting engaged on our 2012 WDW trip. However, I wasn’t :slight_smile:

Midway through the trip it became clear something was bothering her and she was getting more and more upset so we had a discussion about it. I explained that in my mind it never occurred to me to get engaged on the trip because I wouldn’t have felt comfortable hiding a ring for traveling (without worrying it would get lost).

In any event, we got engaged a month later … but she still doesn’t like when I bring up that WDW trip.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience with my DH. It was not on a trip though. Months before DH (DBF at the time) had alluded that we would get engaged over the summer. My birthday is July 15. We were going to dinner to celebrate and DH called suddenly to ask if it would be okay to have his parents join us (my Mom was already going to be there). I absolutely KNEW he was going to propose over dinner, until he didn’t. We had to have a similar conversation and ended up getting engaged 3 months later. During the conversation I may have told him to “fish or cut bait” and he LOVES to remind me of that.

6 Likes