Disappointed again with room request service

Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life…

3 Likes

Only stayed at the Poly once, but we got one of the rooms we requested. BC next time and I will be a little dissapointed if we don’t get a full balcony or terrace, as it’s a nice place to retreat to at night when the kids are sleeping. Hope you have a great holiday.

1 Like

We just stayed at BC and I requested room near Epcot side, high floor and full balcony and we got just that … didn’t use the fax TP just asked when we made the initial reservation …

2 Likes

I think I will do (not do) the same

1 Like

I have never had luck with TP’s room request faxes, so I stopped doing them to end my heart ache. It got my hopes up too much. Now I either call Disney directly or have a TA add my room requests (which I make very general) and any special celebrations. And with this approach, I have done pretty well in terms of actual room given as well as managing my expectations.

2 Likes

I made my requests for my current AKL stay on the phone with Disney. I requested closer to the lobby, we are almost as far away from the lobby as you can be. Asked for no connecting door, I hate them, got a connecting door. The one positive of being far from the lobby is that it is quiet. People walk down the halls passing by other quests rooms talking quite loudly.

I’m surprised Disney doesn’t have a room request option — for an additional charge, of course.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear this. You mind if I look at your room request?

I understand your situation - we had requested close to lobby as well due to recent knee surgery. Ended up renting ECV from outside vendor to have at resort. I know a lot of folks here have had good luck but it hasn’t worked for us. But that’s okay - we are on our way home now and had a wonderful trip! Received so much good advice from this forum - thanks everyone!

1 Like

Sure, Len. Thank you.

I will say last trip, our room wasn’t anywhere near where I requested. It turns out it was soooo much better than what I thought I wanted! I was disappointed when I got my room ready text and asked if there was anything closer to what I requested at check in and we would have had to move the next day. I’m so glad we didn’t.

1 Like

Just got back from our Disney trip, I tried the room request and didn’t get the room I requested, but our room was only 3 doors down from the request. I did also call Disney and while sorting other issues out added that same room request. So while I didn’t get it, they were close. Also, my daughters requested a room through Touring Plans in Feb and they did get the exact room requested. Just a thought, but there should be a question on the trip-end survey as to whether or not we got the requested room.

I used it in June (solo trip) & July and had wonderful success!

My request at Pop wasn’t close. I think it was a closer walk to Epcot than Classic Hall. :smile:

I received the room ready text while only a few miles away from arriving so we stopped at Walmart to purchase a cheap coffee maker and supplies so we didn’t have to make the walk for those refills. (DW is BIG coffee drinker) Worked our great since the food court didn’t open until 6am.

I thought Pop had coffeemakers in the rooms now?

They have the single cup makers. DW drinks from a pot. :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Hear ya on the trip-end survey question. There is a chain keeping track of how it goes here: