Direct Magic Band?

Same!

Only the MagicBand+ works on the cruise ships so I can’t use my fancy “snacks” one, etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I have had that happen when I was OKW resale only and it’s maddening. 100% agree. Not sure why they can’t set their email distrib list filters better.

Oh yes I can - Disney IT

2 Likes

All they do is flash and vibrate - and you usually have no idea why. It’s just frustrating and doesn’t enhance my visit at all for the additional cost.

Bounty Hunter is kind of fun to play but definitely not worth the upcharge just for that.

1 Like

If I remember now I think we had kind of agreed that we could share the MB+ for the Bounty Hunter game and the statues and stuff because I’m happy with my existing bands. But now obviously I have cruise ship FOMO.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, the MB+ is currently only available to use on the Wish and Fantasy.

1 Like

Oh really?? That wasn’t the impression that I got on the DCL website. Then I’m definitely not buying one!! Thank you for the heads up and saving me $44.99!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s true. I was recently investigating this for myself because I have a MB+ and am headed out on the Dream. Disney is pretty cagey about its availability–“select ships and select sailings” or some such qualifying language. Anyway, when I looked a bit deeper (e.g. people with recent experience on Facebook groups), it seems to be just Wish and Fantasy. That could change going forward, of course. I also read somewhere that if it’s available to work on your cruise, you could buy at a discount, like with hotel rooms. Not sure about the veracity of that one.

Or in my case you CAN’T get them to flash and vibrate when you want and you’re left standing in front of a golden statue, flailing your arms around like you’re being attacked by a swarm of flies.

1 Like

Yes exactly that. It vibrates and you don’t know why. And you try to make it and it refuses.

1 Like

When we were there last December, on line for Remy, there were these two girls (well, young women…showing my age calling 20-somethings as girls) who stopped suddenly and exclaimed their bands were flashing red… they then proceeded to search for something red, and found a red motorized scooter. They ran over to it and did something.

So I guess the random flashing DOES mean something!

Ok you are correct! I managed to get to this page (I’m not sure how) and was stumped how I didn’t have a band.

But then there is this…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

My youngest DS certainly had the magic touch with those statues. He never failed to get them to talk when no one else could. I managed about 50% of the time.

4 Likes

I gave up after about 6 or 7 attempts. I was successful once and then a couple times I just invaded another family’s experience.

1 Like