Dinner show option

I have never been to HDDR (but 100% assume I would love it). But I can tell you my SOA experience.

We had SOA booked twice. The first time it was rained out. Note, if it is a rain out, your hotel concierage cannot tell you this. You have to go, in person, and chose to get a full refund or to get a partial refund and still eat dinner.

We chose the dinner because it was the 2nd show and we were starving. The main course was awesome (not the apps). I loved the pork mixed with the rice, DD loved the chicken and DH loved the ribs.

We were excited to give it a second shot when we came back a year later. This time the show did go on! Unfortunately the food was not as good the 2nd time around. I think this was the difference between cooking for a small group without a strict time table (like the 1st time) and cooking for a full house with all food needing to be served before the serious dancing. This was disappointing to us because we knew how good it could be!

The show is in two parts. The first is while you eat and is very corny. There is also audience participation and DD had fun with that.

After the pre-show and after the food is served they do the real dancing which represents different dances from across the Polynesian islands. I thoroughly enjoyed this part. But it is “just” dancing. DH was a bit bored, but I go to see dance companies by myself for a reason! I thought the dancers were quite talented and the different dances and costumes were interesting. The fire dancers at the end are exciting for all.

My recommendation is this, unless you are staying at the Poly don’t risk the chance of a rain out. HDDR is a sure thing and it is disappointing to clear an evening for a dinner show and not get one.

If you do stay at the Poly then it is less of a risk - you don’t put your whole evening on hold, you just go downstairs and see the status. And if it is cancelled you know you can still get yourself and nice meal.

2 Likes

@heathernoel Thanks for verifying what I’d thought - that SOA is at the mercy of the weather.

1 Like

Another vote for HDDR. It has become a firm family favourite.

hahahaha

I like that…FFF

Haha! Didn’t mean it to come out like that. I was going to post a longer explanation, only my kitchen timer went off :grinning:

1 Like

No, seriously I love it!

New acronym #confirmed!

2 Likes