Dinner show option

Which, if any, dinner show would you chose…spirit of aloha or hoop dee doo?
This would be for myself, husband and two daughters (9 and 7)
I am so bummed that we missed out on mickeys backyard bbq

HDDR

But I am going to Luau Wednesday and will let you know if that changes. I don’t expect it to even while I expect to enjoy Luau

2 Likes

I would love to hear what you think about the luau! I am going in August since my sister really wants to go and she didn’t like HDDR last time when I picked it. I know it doesn’t get a lot of love among liners, but I’m hoping it is fun and the food is good. I’ve heard the bread is delicious.

1 Like

I am expecting photos. And you know exactly what photos I am expecting.

5 Likes

:muscle:t3::leg:🏼:man_dancing:t2::fire:

3 Likes

i love hddr. last time i did luau, it was not good…but i am all about 2nd chances and @OBNurseNH will be honest, so listen to her

2 Likes

hmm @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, did you have a former name?

1 Like

Did both HDDR and Sprit of Aloha. HDDR was great and we are going back again this October. Sprit of Aloha just didn’t cut it for us. If you are into hula dancing that’s what you get. The meal was not all that good for the money and the way they serve it was not impressive at all. Food is served in a stationary platter and hard to share with a family. We went because we were staying at Poly but won’t do it again. Then again if you all did not like HDDR then maybe Aloha is for you. My opinion only.

1 Like

Just for comparison, the price for a similar luau at the resort we stayed at in Hawaii was $140 (plus tax). It did include unlimited drinks and food was served buffet style. The show was very similar to what I’ve seen posted about the Spirit of Aloha.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RU3Q2vparyYhL6fAA

This never works from my phone and just posts the link.

Have not seen Spirit of Aloha, but we did Hoop Dee Doo and we LOVED it. Food was fantastic (and the Sangria too!), show was fun and interactive, and if you get there with time to kill there is a great little playground right by the entrance with a bit of shade so you can stay out of the sun. It’s been 4 1/2 years since we were there, I hope nothing I’ve just told you has changed!

1 Like

Another vote for Hoop De Doo

HDDR is indoors. Spirit of Aloha is outdoors, and can be cancelled due to cold weather (such as lows in the 40’s). Also, the dining area is in a covered area, but the performers are not - and can be delayed/cancelled if it’s rainy weather. But you’ll still get your food! (At least, I believe I’ve read reports of that. Someone speak up to correct me or verify that.)

I enjoy both of these shows!

It is a hard choice. The Spirit of Aloha is a little more corny than the HDDR. But I love corny. The food is sooooo good at HDDR. It is southern cooking.

1 Like

wow. i didn’t think anything could be more corny than hddr :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, Spirit of Aloha just might win out on the corny competition.

Edited to add: That does not mean that I disliked it, though!

1 Like

yes, corny is the reason i love hddr

1 Like

When we go in October we are going to HDDR. None of the son-in-laws have been to it. Looking forward to sharing it with them!

1 Like

I jsut had the same thought! LOL

2 Likes

Oh dear, not this again… lol!

4 Likes