Dining suggestion for 2.5 year old's first impression

My 2.5 year old, Grandma, and I are arriving in WDW a day before my wife gets there. I’d like to make a fun first impression on my lo so I currently have Beaches & Cream Soda Shop reserved for dinner. Aside from character dining (which we plan to do in the following days) are there other (keep it simple) options I should be considering? We’re staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort so I’m also interested to know if there is a closer option worth considering. I made the newbie mistake of thinking this restaurant was on the same property as where we’re staying (Beach Club and Caribbean Beach… you see what I did there!) I don’t mind taking transportation (as that will be part of the experience). So glad to have learned about this resource! Thanks for your time.

If you’re not going to a park, you may want to consider either a) exploring the resort (beautiful and huge), or b) going to Downtown Disney. Getting from resort-to-resort can be a very long process requiring a bus transfer somewhere. Not so fun with a 2.5 year old after a day of travel. Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex in Downtown Disney get a lot of points for theming, and there are lots of fun things to explore there (basically a giant clean outdoor Disney mall.)
Oh, and Raglan Road in Downtown Disney, too… but I’ve never been there. Sounds like the show is musical and fun?

1 Like

We’ve done Rainforest plenty, but will check out other suggestions. I was about to blow off Raglan Road, but after looking it up… 2.5 year old + fun music and dancing on tables = mind blown! I’ve got some decisions to make.

1 Like

Oh! Raglan Road would be perfect! Music! Dancers!

1 Like