Dining Reservation Frustrations

Our dining was set weeks ago but I have two things plugged into the Reservation Finder.

One is a tweak to pull our 'Ohana reservation back from 9:45pm to 8:30pm and the other was a last minute request from dd20 to have breakfast at CRT on our last day (where she will eat only carbs, but it is all about the experience).

Both have come through in the last week but are unavailable when modifying ('Ohana) and completely crashing the system when I try to navigate directly to the restaurant.

I have tried the MDE app as well as desktop (Chrome…regular and incognito) with the same results.

For such a large company that has digitized so much of our experience with them over the last 15+ years, they are crap at running their IT systems.

Sorry…vent over.

ETA - The world will not end if neither of these things happen. We will be fine with the amazing things we already have planned for our trip. I am just frustrated with the systems in place not working as they should.

2 Likes

Lucky you got Ohana, I couldn’t get a spot at 60+7 days.

1 Like

I signed up for Mousewatchers last night and landed an 8:30am at CRT for our last day this morning!

Disney’s IT is still a PITA.

Opened window in the Chrome browser, WDW page, waited for and “hid” the COVID message, logged in, navigated “Things to Do/All Restaurants,” chose CRT, then it got stuck loading.

While loading, I opened an Incognito window in the Chrome browser, WDW page, waited for and “hid” the COVID message, logged in, navigated “Things to Do/All Restaurants,” chose CRT …

While that was loading, pulled up MDE on my phone. Navigated to “Check Dining Availablity” but CRT didn’t come up on the available list for our party size/time.

Meanwhile the regular Chrome Browser gave me a WDW error message w/ Cogsworth, and viola the Incognito window came through!!

Holy crap that was a bunch of hoops to jump through to make the IT work!

Now I am hoping to tweak it to about an hour later, but I am good w/ this if it doesn’t work out. :slight_smile:

5 Likes