Dining Plan question about included drinks

Hi,

In December I’m going on my first (and probably last) Disney World trip for my honeymoon. I’m flying in from Belgium so we’ve had to save up for this trip for years.

Now we’re thinking of adding the dining plan to our reservation. I’ve made a budgetting sheet and I think I would end up saving money.

However, one of the reasons it would end up saving me money is because I like drinking a cocktail at the start of a meal. Afterwards I usually drink something else, a soft drink or water.

Now, because of this I was wondering how they decide what you pay with the dining plan. If I first have an alcoholic beverage and have a glass of Sprite afterwards, I obviously want to pay for the alcoholic beverage with my meal credit and the Sprite with my credit card. Can I tell them what to charge on the meal plan? Do they somehow decide for themselves?

Another kind of unrelated question I have: I’ve read somewhere that in America it’s often so that when you order a soft drink, you can have it refilled without paying extra. Is this true? And if so, is this also true for Disney World Table Service rerstaurants?

I don’t know if this matters, but these are the reservations I have:

• Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
  • Fantasmic Dining Package for Dinner at Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
  • ROL Dining Package for Lunch at Tiffins
  • Dinner at Chefs de France (I’m trying to upgrade this to a Candlelight Processional Dining Package)
  • Dinner at The Edison
  • Brunch at Raglan Road
  • Lunch at Be Our Guest
  • Dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table

I really hope someone can answer this for me, because I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere! Thank you for your time!

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest I’m guessing but since the alcohol is included I think you’d just need to tell the CSR and they’d be fine just charging you for the soda. Also yes fountain soda refills are free here.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

You may even find that some TS restaurants just give you the soda for free. I wouldn’t expect it every time, but I’m sure I’ve read reports of that.

Refills of soda are free at TS restaurants.

Plus, don’t forget to include tips in your budgeting.

2 Likes

welcome to the forum. just be sure some of the packages like ROL are covered under dining plan. Maybe you already have. I think you just tell server you want the alcoholic drink covered in dining plan. never mind. both your dining packages are covered

1 Like

When we ordered a cocktail or any alcohol, we were always brought a glass of iced water too, so you may not need to order a different drink.

1 Like

That’s happened to me when I’ve ordered another drink as well.

They’re usually pretty fair with the DDP.

Counterexample: Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs. But they’re not Disney-run.

At some restaurants we were given both an alcoholic drink and an iced tea and not charged. Chef mickeys was one. We asked how it worked and our waitress said I can give you both. Score! Because the pina colava was way too sweet to drink much of. We had this experience at a couple other table service restaurants too. I wouldn’t rely on this always being the case, but I would also definitely ask when you order. One negative about the “free” alcoholic drink though, is that it drives the cost of your meal up quite a bit, which drives up the tip. It may not matter much for you if it will just be the 2 of you. When we travel we have 8 usually and 4 of us get an alcoholic beverage. The tip is automatically added for parties over 6 at 18%…so it really adds up with all those drinks :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

We received an alcoholic beverage & regular beverage everywhere except at 50’s. And of course they didn’t bother to explain until after everything was ordered.

So many answers! You’re all so friendly too. It’s amazing!

Good to know that they’ll often not even charge the other drink. That makes it easier! I’ll just ask every time and see what they say, but at least I know not to worry about it too much now. It would just suck to budget the meal plan one way and then end up not saving money because I misused it! :smiley:

Of course I’ve also budgeted the tips, wouldn’t want to disappoint those waiters doing their best to make our stay as magical as possible. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your answers! DH and I will probably have an amazing honeymoon. I’m SO excited!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes