Dining plan dates leak!

Thank you Hi-Ho, now it’s off to work I go!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you have an existing reservation? If so, how did you add free dining?

Yes I did, I was able to go on the Disney MDE website and click on change on the reservations page and when you do that, a new page will pop up with the special offers. I was able to add FD with no problem since my choice of hotel, dates, and ticket package all met the requirements. I am reading right now though that a bunch of problems are popping up with not being able to get through with phone calls and computer crashes. YIKES! Probably better to wait a bit till the frenzy dies down. Good luck!

1 Like

My sister did that and saw disclaimer that she would lose her ADR’s. Does this happen?

Hi, I just double checked my reservation to make sure, but I did not lose my ADR’s. They are still there. I did not make any other changes to hotel, etc. other than adding the FD though so I’m not sure if that makes a difference? I believe someone somewhere posted that you do not lose ADR’s because they are not linked to your hotel reservation. I’ve seen this a few times so she should be all set.

1 Like

So excited. I was also able to get a “free” dining package at POP.
I had to rebook, because the system always crashed, when i tried to modify my reservation.
I didn´t loose any ADRs.

I had to change several things (we now stay one night longer - but only departure day, upgrade to park hopper, upgrade to regular DP).
In the end it even costs ~160$ more (i had already the summer quick dining plan), but with even more food (to cover all my ADRs :smile:) and an extra night. I´m realy happy, that everything worked as planned.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about it and no one should lose ADR’s because they’re not tied to anything

1 Like

I’ve arriving on November 28!! Trying to decide if I should change to 27th or if room discounts might be better if offered as usual later. Staying at AK so rates are higher for better discounts??

I was able to change my hotel to Pop (we were originally staying at POFQ with no dining) and upgrade to regular dining plan for less than my original reservation cost. The system showed that it wasn’t able to confirm the change initially, when I closed the browser and logged back into MDE the changes showed up in my page. We’re going back in November and staying at CBR/POR so I’m not messing with that reservation, my teenager is like “JUST STOP WITH THE CHANGES ALREADY!” However, I now don’t need to budget for food money and saved about $250, which will be MNSSHP tickets and some souvenirs!

2 Likes

Just curious- does this “MYW Pkg + Dining$TY” mean that I have free dining? This is what is showing up under my reservations…
Thanks!!!

1 Like

Yes, that’s what shows up on my MDE

What dates?

9/21-9/26

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Yes, I have the same thing after I added the FD!!

1 Like

Quick Question:
As I mentioned earlier, I made a new reservation. For the old I have no cancellation received and there was also no deposit refunded, or deducted. In the MDE app there is only the right reservation.

Is disney that clever to combine the two bookings into one? The moment i canceled the old one, i first got an error massage…

Something similar happened to me. The CM I spoke with told me that even though I had changed reservations, the number stayed the same and my initial deposit was still in place with the new reservation. When I checked my old and new confirmation emails…they both had the same reservation number. I also watched my CC bill and I was never charged a second deposit fee. I hope I explained this correctly…

2 Likes

Did you modify your exsisting reservation or rebook?

Hmm? That’s a good question! I’m not really sure actually! I had a bounce back offer and I called to see if I could get a different bounce back offer…so I don’t know! Sorry!!

Had same situation with changing our resort today. Was trying to change it on MDE at same time I was on the phone with a Disney rep to talk me through it. Only problem encountered was initially only the balance had changed and not the name of the resort.
The rep told me it was all set before we hung up but then I spent several minutes waiting for my MDE account to show the new resort name. Finally after trying to call another rep was impossible -((lunchtime EST !)) I went ahead and completed the online form since it was still in limbo -even after I had signed out and logged back in more than once.

After that I finally got an email with the new revised reservation info -same confirmation number and Free Dining in tact ! - Phew !!!