Dining Plan & Alcohol- would this work?

I might get some judgement here, but I can take it.

I’ve read through some old posts discussing this scenario, but never saw an answer.
When ordering Quick Service, many parents have 1 person go to the counter to order food while the other sits at a table with the kiddos. How do they handle alcohol in this situation? Can my husband get 2 drinks (1 for him, 1 for me)? And if the answer is YES… (here’s where it gets a little shady) could we each go up separately ordering 2 meals each (4 total for 2 parents, 2 kids) and get alcoholic beverages for all 4 meals? That would total 4 alcoholic beverages. 2 glasses of wine for me and 2 beers for my husband at dinner would be fantastic! My kiddos drink water anyway. I’m generally a rule follower, so if this is controversial, I’d skip it. I start to sweat if I know I’m doing something wrong :rofl:

1 Like

Following :wink::joy:

2 Likes

No reason why you shouldn’t be able to do this. The quick service credits are pooled anyway, i.e. Disney don’t differentiate between adult and child credits. You’re normally allowed to purchased two alcoholic beverages per ID so that shouldn’t be an issue.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ll just have to hope my kiddos are in the mood for an adult sized burger and not the PBJ with fruit. Not sure I could get away with a PBJ and chardonnay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PBJ and Chardonnay sounds like a great Disney park meal to me and I challenge the CM who tells me otherwise :slight_smile:

7 Likes

i agree. if you are 21 and order chardonnay and pb and j (sounds like a song) why should the cm care. and no judgment whatsoever here

4 Likes

I thought some may disaprove of me stealing my precious child’s drink in an effort to drown my Disney evening in an extra adult beverage. OR using a child’s plan for alcohol. :grimacing:

4 Likes

not me. taking kids to disney requires 2 adult beverages for parents sometimes :grinning: besides, water is healthier for them

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

I think you could use mobile ordering to your advantage here.

4 Likes

I agree!!

3 Likes

Hmmm–I have 4 kids, this could be dangerous :rofl: No worries, 1 is usually enough but good to know I should be able to get an extra in case we want to try one of the fancy cocktails or something.

3 Likes

Yeah, I judge…that your husband is lucky to have you !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I love it!!!

@jflafond_869328 I told him my plan last night and he told me I’m a genius. I think it actually got him more involved in the planning process. :joy:

6 Likes

We did this at our resort last year. My wife took the kids to fill the resort mugs with soda and get a table while I got their food with adult beverages. I then went back up and got my meal and my wife’s again with adult beverages. We ate and took the extra beverage to enjoy while the kids swam at the pool.

2 Likes

Thank you for the validation @thekid!!!

1 Like