Dining Packages Worth It?

Do y’all recommend the parade dining packages/dessert parties? I see one for the normal daily parade and also the Oogie Boogie Bash parade (assuming I get tickets🙄).

Thanks!

I don’t think they are necessary at DLR, especially for the OBB parade. The parade route is very long so easy to find a decent spot. I don’t do them for the regular parades either, just stake out your spot a little early.

2 Likes

Do you know if there are any reserved spots for those on ECVs?

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know.

2 Likes

I haven’t paid attention super recently but there are usually 2-3 EVC spots on the DLR parade route. For sure the one I have seen most regularly is one between the Alice bathrooms and the ride itself. Then I seem to recall one in the Town Square area and one at the opposite end by it’s a small world. They do seem like they fill relatively soon so I would dedicate at least 30-45 min before parade time to pick a spot in EVC area’s.

I also agree with Karen that OBB absolutely doesn’t need the dining package spot. The parade route is gigantic.

Also, for regular parades, we typically don’t buy the package either because the space they dedicate for the package only has so much space so you still have to show up at least 30-45 min before the parade to get a decent spot in it. And unless it’s the Christmas package one where they advertise cocoa and cookies with it, it won’t be a seat either, just a regular old spot along the route where the first row can sit (on the ground) and depending on how full the section is everyone behind may be required to stand.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Anytime! I am so hoping you’re DLR 2.0 trip gives you all the redemption you deserve! Any little nugget I can give you to help plan, I’m happy to!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: There were definitely some unmagical days on my last trip!

2 Likes