Dining Packages for Shows

When making a reservation for a dining package (dinner and a show) can meal credits from the dining plan be used? We are planning a trip during Christmas Break and considering doing this for Fantastic. Is it worth it?

I don’t know if it has changed, but we were able to use our dining credits for HBD (2 credits) with the Fantasmic! package a couple of years ago.

We’ve done the package dinner each time we’ve gone to WDW. I like knowing that I have a decent spot to sit without having to line up so early and without having to waste a FP+.

Yes. You can use them for HBD (2 credits), Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine.

H&V do a character breakfast, lunch and dinner. The others just lunch and dinner.

To get the vouchers, you must book the special dining package - which won’t open at 180 days. I think I booked about 90 days out. And the last dinner time will be around 2.5 hrs before the first show time (usually the vouchers only apply to the first show, but sometimes the ROL package allows the second - you will book for a specific show).

The Fantasmic! packages paid for via the dining plan are one of the few times Disney gives you something for nothing. You get the show, plus an appetizer as well as the passes for the same credit cost as what the regular meal would have run you. I didn’t believe the waiter at Mama Melrose’s at first when he claimed we got a free appetizer with the dining plan Fantasmic! package…

They eliiminated the appetizer this year from the package. It is still a good deal on the dining plan if you were going to eat at any of these restaurants. As of today I believe Tiffins still includes the appetizer.

1 Like

D’oh! Thanks for the clarification - didn’t realize the great deal was only now a good deal.

Still worth doing obviously as you pick up premium reserved seating for free if you were eating there anyway.

1 Like

I was able to book at 180 days for our June 2018 trip.