Dining in the world but out of the parks

We’ve done very little dining out of the parks in the past and would like to try some on our next trip. What are your favorites at downtown, Boardwalk, and disney resorts?

In DTD, raglan road is tops for me. I’ve heard great things about Paradiso, too, from friends.

Resorts: Kona, California Grill, Sanaa, Jiko, Cape May, GF Cafe

My friends and other liners have reported good things about Artist Point and Captains Grille.

'Ohana is a favorite too. That’s a character meal.

Enjoy!!

1 Like

I will second the vote for Cali Grill. Best place to view Wishes. Food is awesome. Granted, it’s been a few years since I have been and I know it’s a little pricey, but it ranks in probably one of my top five dining experiences anywhere. Just something about having a birds eye view of MK fireworks while you’re enjoying dinner. Way cool.
'Ohana is great too. Especially if you have time to wander around the Poly a bit. Beautiful resort and nice to get away from the parks a bit and recharge.
Flying Fish at Boardwalk is a fave of a friend of mine tho will admit haven’t made it there yet myself (it is on the short list tho).
Have fun!

1 Like

My favourite resort dining so far has been dinner at Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and dinner at 'Ohana at the Polynesian. I have to say that I haven’t tried any of the signature places though - I’m sure they are great, but we go for casual noisy places as we have a very wriggly noisy little dude in our group. We also loved breakfast at Kona - the Tonga toast is just as good as everyone says it is!

Haven’t done any table service at DTD - we always go for our favourite quick service places which are Earl of Sandwich and Cookes of Dublin.

CG is probably my over-all favorite in or out of the parks. Jiko is number 2 for resorts. Citrico’s, and AP are also very good, but I like the other two better. Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish are both very good, but for the money, I will probably return to other signatures instead.

For non-signatures, Sanaa is my first choice. Boma is also good if I’m looking for a really large meal.

In DTD Raglan Road is hands-down my first choice.

Now I have to say that the two best meals that I’ve had in WDW (or just about anywhere, for that matter) were at V&A; first in the regular dining room and then at the Chef’s Table. But when picking “favorites”, I look at which restaurants I will go back to again and again, and as much as a “foodie” as I am, the crazy prices make V&A someplace that I will not return to (at least very often…)

I love Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Il Mulino, Portobello, Raglan Road, Rainforest Cafe, and T-Rex Cafe