Dining Dress Code

I think you and I are the oddities. I actually like getting dressed, looking nicer - never understood why people wouldn’t want to look their best. But that is just me. At most restaurants I don’t care how people are dressed but at a place that has a dress code - I expect the restaurant and the patrons to adhere to it - in and out of WDW.

I am paying for that experience and I want to get that experience - part of that is people dressed nicely

1 Like

Another thing to consider is how much room in your suitcase will you have, right? If you aren’t willing or able to pack an outfit that is appropriate, maybe find a different restaurant, which is what I would do. I have no intention of packing a pair of “dress shoes” for a 2 hour meal. I’ll have a clean pair of walking sneakers for everyday and a nice pair of sandals for the pool.

2 Likes

Definitely. It brings down the tone of the restaurant and the experience if people are dressed like they are visiting a theme park. I also don’t understand why people want to take their kids to Signature restaurants. Nicer places are for adults who want a little more sophistication with their meals, not kids in t-shirts and sneakers.

I am FULLY on board with - you go to a nicer place - you dress nicer. You are 100% right - it is part of the tone of the restaurant. I do however deviate a bit in the fact that kids and nice restaurants do (or better stated CAN) mix. We have exposed our kids to restaurants from a young age. They know what is expected and how they need to behave. I AM one of those parents that has removed their child (once or twice) when they are not acting appropriately. 99.9% of the time the kids act appropriately and we (the kids) get compliments from the wait staff on how well behaved they are and how well they order. So I think if the child is used to what is expected and the parents enforce that - nice restaurants and kids can mix. I do also think that to make this a NEW experience (behaving in a nice restaurant) for a child that has been dragged through the parks is asking for disaster

5 Likes

It’s the dang shoes! With a 10lb suitcase, empty, and a 50lb max on a plane, that doesn’t leave much for clothes and toiletries, which can no longer be put in your carry-ons.

1 Like

I get dress codes at restaurants. It’s all just too bougie for me. Sure, I’ll hit up a nice spot and dress up from time to time, but truth be told, it’s to please my better half. I’m a burger and fries kind of guy and I got the figure to prove it. Cargo pants, sweat pants, or t-shirt-esque shorts and sneakers for me at the park. If It was acceptable to go in underpants, I would. Pants are the worst. I’m all about comfort. If anyone has a problem, that’s on them.

2 Likes

I am curious what kind of clothes people are buying? It sounds like they are made of sand paper and asphalt. I get that different strokes for different folks - but seriously?

1 Like

You can’t argue that some clothes are more comfortable than others. I mean, you could but comfort is rather subjective, no? Do you though. If you like dressing up, go for it.

No I fully agree - but people sometimes make is sound like they are putting on a suit of thorns. But that is off topic so my apologies. Back to topic - you want to dine at a nicer place - you need to adhere to the dress code.

1 Like

Legit. Dressing up just ain’t my cup of tea. I’m a slob for one meaning I always drop something on myself, being dressed up makes me feel all stuffy. I used to have the job where I had to wear a jacket and tie to work daily. Ugh… I’m a mess. I don’t knock folks who do it. To each their own. I do dress up from time to time to take the better half out or for weddings or funerals.

Disney though, you can have some slamming meals and not dress the part. Le Cellier is a signature dining spot and they’re fine with whatever. It seems that there’s a lot of folks in the forum World saying Disney doesn’t enforce their dress code except Victoria and Alberts. That said, I’m not trying to be an eye sore and ruin anyone’s experience. If there’s a dress code, I’ll either adhere or eat somewhere else. I’d expect the same from others. You take your SO out for a classy experience, you expect the folks there will either have some class or fake it til they make it.

2 Likes

Quote of the thread “Slamming meals”! @pmoriart wins!!!

4 Likes

I like the fact that you take your better half ‘out’ to funerals :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s a cheap date :wink:

3 Likes

I hear you!
So, guilty confession: My pool flip-flops are neutral coloured and not obviously flip-floppy, so I wear them with my fancy super light dress to signatures… :fearful: Don’t tell anyone.

4 Likes