Dining Choices and Some Timing Decisions

lol- some people might be a little jaded and are concerned Disney will reserve it for special events related to the 50th.

2 Likes

I am still trying to figure out why Olga’s time window is showing as ending at 7pm with a 9pm park close (10/3).

On 10/2, Olga’s time window is showing as ending at 10pm with a 9pm park close.

Look on the bright-side. Imagine how much worse this would be if you didn’t have a leading reservation and were battling the masses for these reservations.

Pitchforks and torches will come out.

1 Like

Oh…that has definitely been mused over this morning.

Still on hold. Called at 7:05 with a predicted 30 minute wait. It has been an hour. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think they will close it again for a refurbishment as the 50th begins?

1 Like

I can’t imagine they would want CG closed during the 50th celebration at all.

What will they have left to offer for elevated dining experiences?

2 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

It does not bode well that the person on the phone is having similar issues.

Shorter hours
Ogas and Sci Fi aren’t available at all in her system…all day

She gave me the number to call WDW’s Internet Help Desk since it is apparently a “system issue.”

What a lovely cast member! She was pleasant and as frustrated with the system as I was! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The good news is nobody is snagging those reservations if it’s a system issue.

3 Likes

The wait time for the Internet Help Desk was estimated at 72 minutes. They gave you the option to have them call back which I took. I already waited an hour this morning w/ dining!

1 Like

Just tried making both the Oga’s and Sci Fi ADRs on the MDE app.

Similar to the website, Sci Fi is showing as unavailable all day and Oga’s allows me all the way through until the last step, and then “Something’s not right, a service error prevents us from booking your reservation.”

Four plus hours…

6am - Try valiently to make two ADRs at DHS on line or through the MDE app
7am - Call Dining (estimated 30 minute wait)
8:07am - Spoke w/ Dining on phone, they don’t have any availabilty either
8:45am - Dining did all the research they could…suggested calling Internet Help Desk (estimated 72 minute wait, opted for them to call me back)
9:45am - Spoke w/ Internet Help Desk. He checked everything and it was all showing no availablity. Put me on hold for 30+ minutes to check with others.
10:30am - Apparently Sci Fi and Olga’s are not available for any reservations on 10/3, until tomorrow. No other explanation.

I think I will go back to bed and take a nap since I will be up early again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Check every day, several times a day on CG. That’s what I did last time and beat reservation finder to the punch. I didn’t get the time I wanted at first, but I took what they had and modified it from there.

3 Likes

Nada, Nothing

Can make ZERO ADRs on 10/3. Still.

The calendar is active, but neither Sci Fi or Oga’s is coming up as available…for either 10/3 or 10/4. The calendar allows me to navigate to both dates.

I could access Oga’s directly on the MDE map, navigate to 10/3, choose 6:55 and go all the way through the process until the last step (like yesterday) but not in the browser.

This is really frustrating.

Also, EPCOT doesn’t have any reservations after 7pm on 10/4.

I wonder if they are setting up some kind of dining packages for fireworks? Although that doesn’t explain why I can’t make ADRs earlier in the day.

1 Like

Some kind of eat to the beat concert dining?

1 Like

Maybe… but it is both DHS and EPCOT, so who knows.

I really would have preferred sleeping another 1.5 hours this morning if I had known 6am ADRs weren’t going to work for a second day in a row.

1 Like

That’s rough, I’m sorry.

First world problems. I will live.

Eventually we will discover why this is all glitching, I just wish WDW was better organized and/or communicated changes better.

1 Like

I am starting to wonder if this isn’t a glitch. That these spots are being held for the super-sparkly people. Like maybe, “Buy a VIP tour and get a dining reservation of your choice that night”.

2 Likes