Dining Choices and Some Timing Decisions

Maybe. I picked a random date in Sept. But it doesn’t make sense that it would be. It’s no harder to search for a different date or restaurant.

Although something is whispering in the back of my mind, I don’t think CG is open for ADRs after 28th Sept or something. I think I saw it on chat.

2 Likes

Will that be 60 days before? That would explain it.

1 Like

Today is the first day a reservation can be made (60+10) for 10/1.

I made a leading reservation specifically so I had a shot at CG for the first.

But a search can only go 60 days ahead because the people searching don’t have your reservation. That’s definitely the issue. I would keep searching yourself until that date. I’m pretty sure CG isn’t taking reservations for end of September/beginning of Oct yet.

4 Likes

Yup this is it. I didn’t consider that! Thanks for troubleshooting :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, that was my experience as well.

I got my Narcoossee’s ADR at 60+10, then a few days later needed to add a person and had to settle for split ADRs at different times, and I couldn’t set up a TP search until 60 days.

10/2 ADRs obtained w/ limited issues. The site has been wonky. Sometimes everything works exactly as it should (LTT - 6pm) and other times when I get to the actual restaurant page I get an odd internet page error (not a WDW error). Took some backtracking and a second laptop, but Skipper Canteen is done for 12:30pm as well.

Interestingly, sometimes the calendar won’t show my 60+10 availability, and sometimes it does. I can’t figure out anything I am doing differently.

California Grill is still not showing available at all (10/1 or 10/2).

3 Likes

I would be willing to bet that lots and lots of people have had leading reservations to obtain dinner on these dates. It’s going to be a challenge, but set up res finder and you might do okay. This being the occasion it is, I think it may be exceptionally difficult. Good luck!

2 Likes

Yes that’s Disney IT for you.

3 Likes

Yes, I sometimes had to try a couple different “paths” to get my 60+10 to show up, and it wasn’t consistent which worked. I never had to actually changes devices and/or browsers, but others have suggested that can help sometimes.

3 Likes

Last trip I had to do my first 10 days on the app because the website wouldn’t even open check in day for me and I tried my phone browser and two on a laptop. The next day was the opposite, the app didn’t have any of my days open that I’d already booked!

2 Likes

Attempting ADRs for 10/3:

MDE App on my phone was “having technical difficulties retrieving data from the server.”

Laptop One (and eventually Two) were wonky, with difficulty having anything show up as available in DHS at all. When I finally got to their pages and were able to check for the correct date…both Oga’s and Sci Fi were only accepting reservations through 7pm (park open until 9pm).

Sci Fi is showing as completely unavailable on 10/3.

I was able to step through the process w/ Oga’s until the very last screen, and then got this…

There are definitely some major IT issues going on here!!

I may try braving the phones at 7am.

2 Likes

Have you tried running it on your laptop in incognito?
I learned this trick on an agent group I’m in… When Disney starts acting wonky, open a chrome incognito window and log into Disney that way and try. 9 times or of 10 it works.

3 Likes

Will try that now.

The first thing the recording said on the phone was that California Grill was not accepting any reservations after September 30th. That answers that question!

1 Like

Same error message for Oga’s in Incognito Mode.

Ugh… I’m sorry.

1 Like

That’s weird

Wait. It’s only weird if CG is not a 60+10 location right? 60 days is 9/23, 60+10 would be 10/3.

Hmm

1 Like

I will ask if I get through on the phone…not that they will know more than us, but I can try.

Otherwise, I may have to wait until 60 days which would be 8/2.

They started playing that message earlier this week. No one knows if they are going to VIP dining or if it is another renovation.

2 Likes

What on God’s green earth does that mean?!

2 Likes