Dining Alert Options

What are your favorite websites for dining alerts? I have 2 set on TP, but I have wondered if the paid sites are worth the costs? I found MouseDining and MouseWatch. But, I’m hesitant to pay. Is this technically a no-no?
Should I even be discussing something that isn’t TP endorsed?:thinking:

1 Like

There are no rules about asking here or talking about other companies. I believe TP offers the free service (but pays people) to align with the Disney rules. It is really up to Disney to decide if other companies follow those rules?

1 Like

Do you think the pay service is worth it? I have 6 going in June and we would love to get Oga’s, Sci-Fi, and BOG.

It is not worth it for me. I will see what I can get on my own (the most fun) and then set up TP alerts for anything I don’t get. I will also track the park hours and look to book after the increase in hours.

Others think paying for ADRs are important. No matter what you decide you will make the right choice for yourself.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to link, but look up the thread on leading reservations for ADRs. That may be another option to consider.

MouseDining is well worth it to me. I got the annual plan before they raised the price last fall. But, I think you can sign up a month at a time and just cancel when you don’t need it anymore. And I think they still allow a few free alerts but email only…it works a lot better with text unless you are always looking at your email. I just work on the assumption that if Disney had a valid problem with it, they would shut them down. I’m sure they are very good at that! We usually have a larger party too and it is much harder to just find large group ADRs on your own. However, since you are still over 60 days out, I’d suggest trying at 60 days first using some of the strategies you will find here, then if you can’t get what you want try MD. TP works just as well and is fantastic especially since it allows you to search multiple days for one ADR. But the limit of 2 is tough when you have to, for instance. rework an entire trip’s ADRs at 30 days out.

I had no problem booking BOG for 7 on my ADR day. I did put it towards the end of my trip, but I could have gotten it in a couple of places on my plan.

3 Likes

On my ADR morning, I saw very little available for a group of seven on the first 3 days of my trip.

Try a Leading Reservation?

Sorry, all - I had a glance at the leading ADRs thread and am none the wiser. Is there a for dummies article? Or is it in the book?

Not sure what your question refers to. What kind of article are you looking for? Using the reservation finder or booking a leading reservation?

Both, really. I am unaware of anything outside of the capability to make bookings via Disney site and phone number.

Ok. I didn’t really need a leading res, so maybe we’ll start with the basics. The TP reservation finder.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

1 Like

Leading reservations is when you book another reservation that you plan on cancelling. You want it to start 10 days before your real reservation and end when your real reservation does. Then 60+10 days before your arrival day you make the arrival day ADR’s. You don’t have to wake up at oh-dark-thirty because you are doing it at 60+10. Then the next day you book your second days ADR’s. …

1 Like

Oh wow, so you mean a room reservation? I’m in the UK so already up early but that seems like a great feature.

Is there a comprehensive list of the services/tools that TP offers? I hadn’t seen this on the dashboard or the drop down menus and the site is so immense that I would’ve missed it altogether. I only stumbled upon the forums entirely by accident :woman_shrugging:

We are so glad you did and can help you with anything here! :blush:

I see the confusion. Yes a Leading Reservation is an additional WDW Hotel Reservation. Nothing to do with Touring Plans. If you are enough of months out, you can probably do a Leading Reservation if interested! You would basically be able to book every ADR at 70 days out and have first picks over everyone else.

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t say that it is a feature of Disney or TP. Just something that you can do. Yes, an entirely different room. Some people pick the cheapest place like a campground. They had a deposit for the first night and give it back when you cancel. Since you aren’t out any money, I went with the moderate that seemed to have lots of availability. That way there wasn’t some poor person that couldn’t get a tent site when they wanted one.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Sorry yes I meant that as two separate questions. 1. Clarifying the leading reservation (thank you - I get it now - I think I’d need to use an American TA as I don’t think UK deposits are refundable) and 2. Is there a full list of TP features and tools such as the dining reservation finder?

No problem at all. Here is a recent email I got that lists some other tools:

"Don’t let a discount get away!

Your TouringPlans.com subscription for Walt Disney World will expire in 30 days. If you extend your WDW subscription before it expires, you are eligible for a 28% renewal discount! We can help you Do More & Spend Less during your next Walt Disney World vacation. Only subscribers get complete access to our vacation planning toolbox, including:

Renew your subscription and start planning your next Disney trip today at:
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/renew?username=bebe80

See you in the parks!

Len Testa and the TouringPlans.com Team"

2 Likes