Did you have Bees in Cabanas at TL or BB waterparks?

I was reading in the original chat about someone who rented a Cabana at TL and had bees all around them due to a food cart nearby. CM said they cannot kill them because Bees are protected in FL. I get that for sure, but hope people can be protected too. We have a Cabana rental in a few weeks at TL. I am wondering if BB would be better or same? I do not want to pay to spend our vacation day with bees. Just looking for others recent Cabana experiences.

We’ve done rentals in both water parks with no bee problem. There were however tons of them by the soda machines

1 Like

We rented a cabana at BB last Friday and had a few bees when we left our refianle mugs lying around. However, if we put them in the ice box when not using then we were fine.

1 Like

Bees are always around when we have been and attracted especially to drinks, food areas, and garbage cans. It’s the same here in TX at Schlitterbahn. Just don’t mess with them and always check straws before drinking. Never had problems being stung.

1 Like

Didn’t realize this was a thing but we had a few bee’s hanging around in our patio at BB last year. I figured it was random …seemed to really like the soda cups when they were out

1 Like

Well, neither did I until a Liner posted that one of his kids was stung and there were so many bees at his TL cabana that they could barely sit in it. He asked for a refund and they only gave him a free cabana next time. So - I am curious to other’s experiences with cabanas. I realize there will be a few bees but don’t want the bees to hang out in our cabana.

Never thought to check a straw before drinking. Thanks for that tip!

Did cabana a few years ago. Bees near soda machine. Would make sense they would be around regular soda cups or some foods. I’m allergic and was ok though nervous at soda machine

1 Like

Just a post-script to this topic. Last week week took a cabana at BB and at TL. The soda machine is no where near the BB Cabanas, but we did have 2 bees that kept coming back to bother us at BB…even though we kept our soda in the cooler and were very careful about the food we ate and cleaning up our mess. But at TL, we were not too far away from the soda machine, but had no bees and no issues. The Cabana at TL seemed nicer to us and ours could also act as a lightning protection, where as the umbrella version at BB could not. Both parks are lovely, but we preferred TL for the tropical theming and deeper lazy river.