DHS news - Runaway Train Ride

Just announced, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Train will not operate during EMH. :frowning:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway/news/03mar2020-mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway-will-not-be-available-during-extra-magic-hours.htm

I wonder if they’re allowing a larger buffer for extra maintenance.

1 Like

I think it has to do with overnight charging of the ride vehicle batteries. Will be interesting to see if Remy ride at Epcot has same restriction.

I know a lot of Disneyland people were surprised to find out that ROTR will not being available during their upcoming Star Wars Night event.

2 Likes

That seems like ridiculous lack of foresight. With the amount of money these rides cost them to build, they couldn’t factor in an extra set of batteries to swap out???

Not saying that IS the reason. Just what I think could be the reason. And if it were… your point is valid, in which case… why not possibly even have an entire extra set of ride vehicles? So I’m probably wrong.

The article also points out it could be due to the nighttime show using the roof of the Chinese Theater as the backdrop for the visuals. It could also be they don’t want to advertise it as available until they know for certain how it is running…

Then what is the point of a Star Wars Event? Not asking you, asking the air.

Responding to the air …

Star Wars Nite is timed to coincide with Star Wars Celebration at the Anaheim Convention Center. There will be thousands of fans at the convention who will also want to hit up Disneyland while there. Those fans will want to see SWGE (including MFSR, Oga’s, droid depot, Savi’s, etc.) and would LOVE to ride Rise of the Resistance, but if RotR is closed during the event, hopefully they can ride it one of the other days. There will also be a Star Wars themed fireworks show and typical meet & greets, etc.

1 Like