DHS and Animal Kingdom Sat/Wed Dilemma

I have Sat Mar 9 and Wed Mar 13 to go to DHS and AK.
AK has EE on Wednesday the 13th at 7am
DHS is very high predicted crowds.

Right now I am leaning to DHS on Sat the 9th and AK om Wed the 13th.

Am I nuts?

1 Like

DHS is always crowded. Get G+ and roll on. With a 7:30 EE at AK most people aren’t going get up that early so it’s a great time to take advantage of it. Be at the park by 6:45-6:50. You can do FOP, Navi, Safari, EE and Dinosaur without G+ and ride all those by noon.

2 Likes

Thanks Jennifer. Yeah the EE that wed at AK is actually at 7am so I figure we need to be there by 630ish.
No idea what it would be like trying to scrum for genie + or ill as you are literally feeding thru the taps tiles

1 Like

Wait. Have they gone back to different parks having different EE days? Or is it just that park opening is at 7:30 on that particular day?

No that’s how I read it at first too. EE is still 30 mins early at every park

OP was just pointing out the TIME of the EE on that day as particularly early (with park opening at 730 - which seems weird — off to verify — and it’s accurate!)

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks!

Obviously they can change things at any time. Just making sure I hadn’t missed that when I had no trip planned!

Yes. Thanks for correcting my abiguity! I had to swueakysqueaky wipe my eyes bc I have never done a 7am rope drop before. I had to make sure I saw it right. Lol

1 Like

If EE is at 7AM and you get to AK by 6:15/6:30 you’ll have no problem knocking out FOP, Navi, Safari, Everest and Dino probably by 10:00. It’s hard to get up that early but so worth it in the long run. You won’t need G+ for AK if you rope drop.

3 Likes

I would do DHS on Saturday 3/9 and AK 3/13 if you can wrangle family up that early.

1 Like

This was the EE time for my trip in January on what turned out to be a CL 8 day… it was a little rough getting going so early(especially because it was cold that day), we were on the first bus out of the resort, and were near the front of the pack so we were through the taps and to the rope before 7:00am.

1 Like

Thanks. We are staying offsite the night before so that adds to the logistic of getting an early bus. We checking to CSR the day of animal kingdom.
So if I go park at CSR and ride the bus… Do i have to go to the desk at CSR for a parking pass?

That’s where I am leaning. Thanks

1 Like

You don’t need a parking pass for the resort.

2 Likes

I believe you could drive straight to AK and show the attendant your resort reservation starts that day, and they will allow you to park without paying.

2 Likes

Yes

My only concern here is I read the parking lots don’t open til an hour before official park opening. So that would mean we wouldn’t roll in after 630 and that’s if we were up front at the parking booths.

With the exception of MK, the other parking lots open 1 hour before EE. MK parking opens earlier than 1 hour before EE. But I couldn’t get the parking lot CM to confirm opening time. Most parks don’t let you line up to wait for the parking lot to open. So, show up exactly 1 hour before EE. Otherwise, they make you go around! Ask me how I now this! You can show up earlier than 1 hour before EE at the MK parking lot. I’ve showed up 75 minutes before EE and it was already opened.

2 Likes

You can park for free at the parks beginning the day you check in. They scan my MB.