DH is trying to pimp my trip!

I would be using unrefundable reward points so cancellation would be undesirable.

We were almost going to do both, but when we went to book Disney I just wasn’t excited about it. £2k on tickets for what I perceive as a diminished experience made my stomach feel full of lead. I just couldn’t go through with it.
The vague plan at the moment is to come back for Disney next year but,after the Chapek chat earlier, it isn’t really appealing to me :confused:

The thought of 2 weeks at UOR gives me butterflies. I’m THAT excited about it!!

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re excited about it! That’s all the matters. It’s your vacation, not mine.

7 Likes

We were the opposite. We recently did a 10-park-day two-week trip. As we discussed later, if anyone had suggested “Why don’t we just skip the last day at Disney” the rest would have agreed. Of course, when we walked in we saw Eeyore and he brought the excitement back to all of us, and happy tears to my eyes. So, we were glad we did that 10th day.
But, we have no plans on going back to Disney. We’ll even be driving by DL this summer and won’t pop in. But Universal is calling to us. It is knowing Epic is coming that allows us to hold off.
I suspect I’d have had a completely different reaction if we’d gone years ago. Disney management, and not just Cheap-ek soured my attitude.

1 Like

I get this.

It’s likely that after this trip we won’t be back at UOR until after Epic Universe opens.

One of the things pulling us in for this trip is that there are so many rides at UOR that will be new to us because the kids are now tall enough for the big ones like RRR and Hulk etc. (Strange though that as much as we’re excited for those, we’re sad to now be too tall for Pteranodon Flyers :sob::rofl::rofl:).

4 Likes

Interesting. Was this your first trip?

1 Like

I hope you all have a wonderful trip! @Jeff_AZ said

Ditto! He said it perfectly. I really hope it is everything you want and more. Ignore us Disney obsessed peeps that think Orlando is mostly for WDW only. :rofl:

6 Likes

I can’t do that :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::rofl::rofl:

Technically I’m one of you! Just not this year :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh this is 100% us! We can’t stand sitting still at the beach either, @darkmite2!

2 Likes

It was. It was the big, giant trip planned by someone that has wanted to go for forever. I can simultaneously say it was my best vacation ever (and I’ve been on some amazing ones) and I have no interest in going back. Although I told DD my next Disney trip will be to take her child.

ET and Peter Pan are very similar. I’d love to ride ET again, but I’ve ridden Peter Pan twice and that is enough for a lifetime. It might be my long-time annoyance with Disney management. It might be the huge time/money/angst investment required for each and every ride. I’m not talking about the trip cost. But for each Disney ride you have to either:

• Get up early so that you can be in front of the early entry crowd and then power-walk to the ride you want.
  • Play the G+ or ILL$$$ game trying to get a decent reservation and paying for the privilege while cussing out Disney connectivity.
  • Wait in an obscenely long line.

Lots of times the ride was a disappointment not because of the ride itself but because it didn’t live up to the time/bother investment. For example Frozen. I was convinced DD would adore that. She loves the boat ride at Six Flags Over Texas which is cheesy Bugs and Coyote statues that move a few inches and haven’t been updated since when they were installed many decades ago. She is also an 11-year-old girl who loved Frozen. But the line was so long even at early entry (we weren’t at the front) the ride was a disappointment.

UOR had been planned as a one-and-done trip also. We ended up doing 3 trips on that pass totaling about 4 weeks.

3 Likes

It is quite the problem. We didn’t even get to ride it that last trip when DD just within the AllowsAnAdult height because we went with her best friend the beanstalk, so she took her best friend.
I understand why it isn’t an express pass ride, because we’d have have totally looped through there several times. But we did enjoy the goldilocks time period when she was old enough for Hagrid’s and short enough for us to ride Pter.

2 Likes

Yep. Do eeeeet!

Eat the ice cream. Play music as loud as you want. Book the room.

No one’s last words were “I wish I never booked that extra room”.

And if they were, let me know so I can smack them on the head. But not really because EWWWW.

Have a Flaming Moe for me!

4 Likes