DH is trying to pimp my trip!

Yeah, I agree. @Shmebulock I don’t think you’ll need EP after being there that long! Spend that money on a day ticket to Disney instead! You know you want to! :grin:

Seriously, Carly and I went last year during Easter week. We spent an evening and two full days. If we’d had another day, there were a couple of things we didn’t get to or wanted to do again. But 14 days? I don’t think there will be anything you didn’t get to in that amount of time!

5 Likes

No, we have a package for CB, so we have that for the full 2 weeks. The HRH room would be in addition to that. I’m sure we’d use the HRH room though - clean sheets and fresh towels :dizzy::laughing::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes, I had you in mind with this this comment…

:wink::yellow_heart:

I honestly don’t think we’d get bored at all. All the extra time we have means we can wander at a slower than leisurely pace and have lots of pool fun and downtime.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::+1:t2::yellow_heart:

I genuinely don’t!
And what we’d spend on this crazy idea is less than half of a Disney day ticket for each of us :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I don’t think you’ll get bored. It will be more like cruising. Hurry up a bit here, and “waste”gobs of time at this pool or that. Dawdle at benches. Grab extra desserts. Shop. Etc.

But it’s just too much money for so little ROI. I’d rather eat that money.

2 Likes

I’d rent a car and go to the beach for that $$

1 Like

That’s already in our plan.
We have a car for the first two days. We’ll use it to bypass the coach transfer from the airport (we’re flying in to Melbourne), go to SeaWorld and then Clearwater Beach and return the car in the evening.

2 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

I’m with you ScaffyWitch. I’d take one day of UOR with EP over a day at DW. And, you’ll get two days of EP!

Also I don’t understand the idea of ‘being done’ with an amusement park. But, I really like the essential amusement park stuff. Shopping and dining is meh, I can do that at home and the dining is better there. But riding something 10X and soaking in the theming and doing all the spells another time, that is exciting.

3 Likes

Yeah unlike some people (I might be looking at you again @Wahoohokie :wink::wink:) I don’t go often enough to ever think ‘I’ve had enough of that now’ :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Even when I did 95% of everything both Universal parks offered in one day last month I was never “done”!

When I worked in theme parks I would come in on my days off and ride it all! Something about that atmosphere is relaxing to me, even though it’s loud, crowded and etc… (I think it’s because I know I’m in a “pretend playland”)

Over the course of 2022 I’m scheduled to be there at least 20 days and I know I’ll not get bored or tired! I can explore and hunt down “easter eggs” / theming any time I need a ride break.

For me… I don’t understand all of the people that can just sit at the beach and do nothing but “relax”. uuuggghhhhh sooo boring!!! (I can sit in a chair at home!!! :rofl:)

4 Likes

You won’t need Express Pass due the amount of time you are spending there. If that is the only reason DH wants to stay HRH, I say don’t do it. However, if he wants to stay there to experience the resort, do it. Aside from the hassle of moving resorts, it seems like an easy way to add another experience to your trip. Focus on more time at the resort than in the parks if you feel you need to get your money’s worth out of the resort.

5 Likes

I can only think of one ride ever that I felt like I could ride again and again. (GOTG DLR). And I use things like POTC and JC and and and to check my phone and text friends.

But a beach? A pool? I’m never done with those.

DH? In any place he’s thinking about what he could be doing at home.

1 Like

That’s how I feel about people who sleep on vacation.

I don’t even have my own pool anymore. :disappointed::weary:

2 Likes

£183 ($238)

Just number crunching.
Kinda seems daft NOT to do this.

£183 for 2 days of Express Pass fun!

1 Like

That is pretty good value.

1 Like

I never feel this way at Disney, only at Universal.

2 Likes

Yes, we have been a lot. Although we/I spend significantly more time at Disney parks on both coasts. It’s just a different vibe for me, doesn’t fulfill me like Disney does. @Julianne_fki gets me! :rofl:

3 Likes

I say book at and decide if you need to keep it when you get Orlando.

You should be able to cancel the hotel stay up to 5 days in advance. You can go for the week, if you get everything you want to get done in a week, decide if you still need the express passes/hotel stay. If not you can get your money back.

2 Likes

Can I just say I am sad that you are not going to WDW at ALL?! That’s what I’d spend the extra money on! :rofl:

4 Likes