Dessert Party Questions

We typically do Disney for a longer trip once every few years, but are doing a shorter trip in June, primarily because I want to see HEA when it returns (YAY). It is my favorite Disney thing! We’ve never done a dessert party, but I want to do it for this trip. A few questions:

• How hard is it to book? I’m currently only planning one MK day. Am I going to have trouble getting in?
  • What is the typical timeframe for booking (60 days out)?
  • Do you prefer the pre or post party? Why? Our kids will be 13 &10 at the time, so they’ll be able to hang late if that matters.

TIA!

Booking can be funky. Sometimes they don’t release all dates right at 60 days, but typically they do. (There were a couple of hiccups on that last year that I followed at disboards.) Also, keep in mind they are Enchanting Extras, meaning they can be booked starting at midnight, not 6 am, which can give you an advantage. I don’t think they are as hard to get as the top tier ADRs. We’ve only done the pre-party, but if we do it again this trip, I think I am going to book the post-party. My kids are about in your kids’ age range (9-14 at time of travel) so I think that will work better. Post-partiers go to the lawn first to stake out seats, and now that the dessert party is more popular and crowded, getting first dibs matters. So if your priority is seating, seems like the logical choice to do post.

1 Like

Super helpful info! Thank you very much!

1 Like

We usually do the after party. The one time i did the pre party we weren’t hungry because it was too soon after dinner and we felt rushed to stake out our FW spot. However my crew is older than yours

1 Like

We’ve only done one dessert party and it was the Star Wars one at HS so not the same, but we did it before and called it dinner.

1 Like