Dessert parties

Morning all!

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with dessert parties, particularly Frozen and Fantasmic. I booked both because I had tons of gift cards, so why not? Fantasmic was fairly cheap so it was a no brainer. Frozen I debated over because of the price but I figured it included alcohol and FEA fast pass so it’s one less FPP I have to stress about trying to get. All that being said, anyone actually done either of them? Are they at least convenient?

@profmatt did a review of the Frozen one in one of his trip reports.

I didn’t know there was a Fantasmic one - do you mean the dining package, or am I just clueless?

The Fantasmic dessert party is new. I believe I saw it referred to in a recent trip report too.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check out that review. If anyone finds or remembers the Fantasmic review, let me know!

1 Like

I did the Frozen dessert party (and the HEA, and the Star Wars).

I’d rank it in second place of the three I did. The food selection was fine, but that’s not why I booked it. The alcohol wasn’t to my taste, but that’s not why I booked it. The view was terrific, though I hear there are other great places that you can find without needing to book a dessert party or use up an FPP. We had a small table, right on the lakeside, with a central, unobstructed view. Getting to walk straight onto Frozen was terrific. It was much more fun than I was expecting the ride to be.

Worth it? I’m British and when I spend money in the US on holiday, its value loses all meaning to me. I just can’t take $79 seriously. It sounds like Monopoly money. Because I remember the 1970s when you could get at least $2 to the pound, I still tend to halve the price in dollars and think that that’s what I’m spending. It’s actually the best part of £60. And then there’s probably tax on top. Wow. Did I really spend that much?

This was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for me. I didn’t want to cut costs and miss out on great experiences for the sake a few (OK, a few thousand) dollars.

So I have no regrets. My only complaint was that the whole thing was outdoors. On a very hot, very humid day. And I wasn’t clear where the party actually was, so by the time I got there I was hot and sweaty and stressed out and expecting air-conditioned bliss.

I had to share a table with strangers, but they were friendly strangers so that made it even better.

(The Fantasmic dessert party wasn’t a thing when I was there. So I did the Fantasmic dining package, which was terrific value for money. Amazing seats. Though I’m not sure any of the seats are actually bad seats.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I’ll be there the first week in Dec so it should definitely be cooler, which will be nice. I used gift cards, so technically I didn’t pay anything :slight_smile:
It will be me, my mom, and my neice (6) and nephew (10). Even though it’s expensive, I’m a big fan of convenience, especially while on vacation. So having dessert, an alcoholic beverage, a great view without having to find a spot an hour early, AND a FEA FP seems like a no brainer!

That’s pretty much how I thought of it.

So I’m clueless! I have no interest in dessert parties so I guess it passed me by.

I do the same with US dollars. On our first trip in 1992 we got $2 to the pound and I still work things out that way!